Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Importing a bow into canada

Re: Importing a bow into canada

Daves sports in Blaine can help with the paper work for rifles and hand gun but I don't know if you would find that helpfull for a bow.
    Are we having fun yet?

just pick it up declare the value of the goods you bought and pay the tax as simple as that. enjoy your bow.

That will do it too!!!
    Are we having fun yet?

I found out the bow is made in the states so it should be duty free. Looks like i may just have to pay GST and maybe PST. Maybe neither of those if i stay in the states for a week.

wtf???? just get them to ship it USPS to your door .... 5 bucks brokerage maybe ....
    I ship bows like this constantly .... Post is not only cheaper than UPS and other things but quicker too

and a bow is considered sporting equipment not a weapon ...therfore not aplicaple to the Border BS
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Well the thing is that hunter's friend estimated shipping at $69 (US) to Canada, but shipping to anywhere in the states is free.

hadda don't know where you are but there is a place on point roberts were you can send any shipment to and it will only cost you 2.50 for anything under 25 pounds. beats going down to bellingham and the border lines are quicker just something to think about. if you need there web pages pm me.
    Kevin

Is it worth it ? you have to still pay the taxes , and shipping, with our strong dollar bows should be down 50-75 dollars. then you will get some warranty and service ..

Quote Originally Posted by hardnocks View Post
    Is it worth it ? you have to still pay the taxes , and shipping, with our strong dollar bows should be down 50-75 dollars. then you will get some warranty and service ..

As long as you are the original registered owner of the bow, You should have no problem getting service or warranty... Why do some people think that if you buy the bow accross the line it negates the warranty???

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    As long as you are the original registered owner of the bow, You should have no problem getting service or warranty... Why do some people think that if you buy the bow accross the line it negates the warranty???
    if you buy a bow mail order from states do you expect the local shop to service and do the warrenty work.