Thread: " A Hunting Dog's Prayer "

" A Hunting Dog's Prayer "

This prayer sits beside the ashes and picture of a late buddy , my old Chesapeake, and after reading Anglo - Saxon's post today , I thought of her again and thought I'd share this with you, some may know it , some may not,

A Hunting Dog's Prayer

I thank thee o lord for the rivers woods and fields where in lie the game birds I love to hunt.I thank thee also for the men and woman who protect and preserve wildlife in all its forms so the future generations will have the healthful pleasure of hunting and fishing.
    My master means more than life or death to me and I pray for intelligence, ability and strength to understand and execute his commands and desires. May our companionship lead to complete understanding so that our moments together will be the happiest of all.
    Help my master to comprehend that I will gladly give my life for him be he millionaire or pauper. His love and confidence are all I ask. I beseech you to guide him and protect him from thoughts deeds or actions which will disturb the faith of others in him.
    I want my master to be repected by his friends as I look up to him.
    The wag of my tail indicates the feelings of my heart and no blows,privation, or hunger will ever keep me from being happy when I hear my masters voice or footsteps.
    When the curtains of death are about to close my active life, I pray thee , oh God, that my master be near, his hand caressing my head as my eyelids close.

Amen

2. Site Sponsor

Re: " A Hunting Dog's Prayer "

Amen..so be it..

steven

Re: " A Hunting Dog's Prayer "

Amen and Amen