Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bows VS Crossbows

Re: Bows VS Crossbows

Rattling I think you are missing why people like myself shoot crossbows. I lost most of my left shoulder and can't shoot a bow at all. So does this mean I should not be able to hunt?
    Are we having fun yet?

Yes, you should never be allowed to hunt ever again! lol

Sorry, I did forget to mention that. One of my mentors in the sport had terrible arthritis and used a crossbow.

Thank you!! so now everyone feel guilty and stop buggin' crossbow guys. For the record I shoot tons and tons of sticks threw mine and think everyone needs to.
    Are we having fun yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Skelly View Post
    I am sure that this debate has come up before on this site ,but i am new to it. Does any body else feel that crossbows should not be group in the same catagorie as bows,and that they should be regulted to gun season?
    You dont have to knock your arrow when you see an animal,you dont have to draw on an animal,and all you do is pull a triger half of them have scopes on them.I know you are limitted in your range just the same or worse but i dont think they should be in the same season.

Just curious about what you guys think.
    Please tell me how people using crossbows during archery season ruins your hunting experience when you're bowhunting.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

The crossbow give a hunter one decent shot at an animal. To get off the second shot there is so much movement that the odds are the hunter will be detected by the animal. The rational that the first shot has greater accuracy than a compound bow is a weak argument in my opinion. Greater accuracy leads to less wounded animals.

Bows are worse you have movement throughout your first shot,and how often do you get a second shot off,i now i never have! When i see guys on quads with loaded cross bows while im trying to still hunt an area doesnt ruin my hunting experience,but it is a little agrivateing.
    Last edited by Doug Skelly; 12-03-2009 at 08:55 AM.

Then perhaps you should have the problem with quads......but please do a search before starting that thread. It also ahs been done to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

Bows are worse you have movement throughout your first shot,and how often do you get a second shot off,i now i never have! When i see guys on quads with loaded cross bows while im trying to still hunt an area does ruin my hunting experience.
    So that makes all crossbow hunters Aholes then right? Report them instead of bitching about it on a public forum.

I hunt with a compound bow, compound crossbow, shotgun & rifle, all legal tackle here in BC. Posts like this feed the fire of the anit's by weaking the main thing we all have in common, HUNTING!
    Don't worry about a pandemic, stupidity is spreading way faster

Bows are worse you have movement throughout your first shot,and how often do you get a second shot off,i now i never have! When i see guys on quads with loaded cross bows while im trying to still hunt an area does ruin my hunting experience.
    You have a couple of options:

1.Get further off the road, away from the quads

2.Have quads banned during archery season.

Neither of them have much to do with the crossbow itself. So what exactly would you accomplish by having crossbows removed from archery season?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

It would also ruin your hunt if the hunter on the quad would be a compound bowhuter driving to his stand.

What you state is the typical argument bowhunters come up with. What it actually means is that bowhunters do not want more hunters in the woods.

No matter what bow you use it's a ONE shot method of hunting. I think in all my years of bowhunting, 20 years now, I only had one opportunity for a second shot.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"