Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bows VS Crossbows

Bows VS Crossbows

I am sure that this debate has come up before on this site ,but i am new to it. Does any body else feel that crossbows should not be group in the same catagorie as bows,and that they should be regulted to gun season?
    You dont have to knock your arrow when you see an animal,you dont have to draw on an animal,and all you do is pull a triger half of them have scopes on them.I know you are limitted in your range just the same or worse but i dont think they should be in the same season.

Just curious about what you guys think.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bows VS Crossbows

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Skelly View Post
    I am sure that this debate has come up before on this site ,but i am new to it. Does any body else feel that crossbows should not be group in the same catagorie as bows,and that they should be regulted to gun season?
    You dont have to knock your arrow when you see an animal,you dont have to draw on an animal,and all you do is pull a triger half of them have scopes on them.I know you are limitted in your range just the same or worse but i dont think they should be in the same season.

That horse has been beaten to death many time on this forum. Use the search function and you will see.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

"...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

I shoot both and think yes they should be in the same season. Each has its ups and downs but a crossbow classified as a rifle no way. I find my cbow a pain in the ass for stalking in the bush with. Limbs hit everything. Yeah a cbow is easier to shoot because your not holding the string. But my cbow is a lot louder than my compound and if you happen to miss your first shot with a compound it is a lot less noisy and more convenient to nock another arrow and draw for a follow up. good luck doing that with a cbow.

Bow Walker Guest

Yup - whipped to death, talked out til were sick of it, and generally run its course. Careful what you wish for.

Careful what i wish for? Iam curious thats all ,If your sick of talking about it then dont reply,

Do a search, yawn

Careful what i wish for? Iam curious thats all ,If your sick of talking about it then dont reply,
    What Bow Walker means with "careful what you wish for" is that this subject has been covered so many times, at least ones a month, and despite all good intentions it always ended in a bitching and bashing fest.

There are a few things on a public forum that are prone to end in the gutters. Politics, Children, Religion and on hunting forums it is crossbows and special seasons for muzzleloaders. Seasoned HBC members have become very weary when these topics come up and get the popcorn ready.

From your post count I see that you're a new member here on HBC. Welcome to this community of hunting addicts.
    Last edited by huntwriter; 12-02-2009 at 08:13 PM.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

LOL It was the first thing I started a thread on here, man the debating was great. The answer in the end came down to crossbows are the greatest thing ever made and perfect for every kind of hunting. That may be only what I got out of it because I bought my crossbow before I read it. I have had mine a year ish and I can tell you they are a pain to load and carry but a dream to shoot and own. I have to tell you to get a excalibur if you buy because they are crazy accurate and low low maintenace.
    Are we having fun yet?

No changes required

To make post like this you should be willing to give a reason or reasons why you think otherwise..
    Don't worry about a pandemic, stupidity is spreading way faster