Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Made Wall Tents?

Re: Home Made Wall Tents?

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    You must be a stinky *******
    If you had been on the Island Sunday night you would have thought so after I was gone bison hunting for 12 days!
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk View Post

I'd live in it

I have slept in something similar to Tomahawk's that was made out of tyvek house wrap and 2x4s, used a industrial stapler to keep it from flying away. It worked real good although we made sure to leave plenty of space around the stove vent. Ours had a plastic sheet for a door though!

We've been using this set up for over 10 years, I like it better than a real wall tent, no condensation probs, and no fire probs either!
    It also has a plywood door, we were taking it down when I took this pic!
    Sets up in about 20-30 minutes, cost about $100 in materials!
    Have stayed in there at -20 before.
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

I made a wall tent out of electrical conduit I bent up and connected together. It was 24 ft by 14 ft and we built the front portion to come apart in 3 peices. We used a tarp and it went to -24 on that trip. The one thing that was an issue was condensation on the inside of the tent that would drip down on our beds. It worked fine and we survived but we do not use it anymore. After trial and trivulation I am actually going to just get a canvas wall tent. It seems like alot up front but if you take care of it it will last for years. Pm me your email and I will send you the pics of what I built.
    "Why is it okay that people can be Idiots but wrong to point it out??????"

I Think A Real Wall Tent Is The Way To Go ,but A Tarp One A 3 Person Backpacker Could Make A Heck Of A Camp
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

Here's one that even a mother couldn't be proud of, but let me tell you, it worked real well. It was warm and at the time we made it none of us had the extra cash to be able to buy a wall tent. We had a house door on it and a wood stove and it beat the sh#t out of a camper at -20 in the Chilcotin mountains!!

this is truley a classic - i love it

The problem with propane heat is it gives off a lot of water, used tarp over a metal frame with a propane catlytic (spelled wrong I think) heater and it was almost raining inside. But we made a tarp tent with wood pole frame on an island we boat to, heated with a home made wood stove and we had no moisture problems. Gotta have the wood stove, I made mine out of an old water heater, worked great!

Fraink.

Quote Originally Posted by born2hunt View Post
    this is truley a classic - i love it
    It sure isn't pretty but it was way more warm and comfie than a camper. I look back at it now and have to laugh though!
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

Here's one that even a mother couldn't be proud of, but let me tell you, it worked real well. It was warm and at the time we made it none of us had the extra cash to be able to buy a wall tent. We had a house door on it and a wood stove and it beat the sh#t out of a camper at -20 in the Chilcotin mountains!!

I can honesty say I have made slept in one worse looking than that on the east side of babine lake, an hours boatride from babine lake resort
    If you havent got time to do it right the first time, when are you going to have time to do it over.