Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grilled Duck Sammie 101

Grilled Duck Sammie 101

One of my favs!

Take your favourite ducks breasts and season! Montreal steak spice in this example

Grill the breasts medium rare and make sure you rest them! slice about 1/4" thick across the grain, and lay on the bread in a criss-cross fashion (sammie holds together easier this way)

Layer on a some good bread (ciabatta in this case) or bun that was buttered and toasted and add some friend onions

Enjoy!

Very best,

Ian

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Grilled Duck Sammie 101

Yummy will try this one Thaks Ian
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Looks great. I'll have to do this next duck.

I normally fillet a breast in half then pound them, and flour, egg, breadcrums then deep fry. Then on the sandwich its with Mayo, lettuce, pickles, and lots of hot sauce.

Sortof a play on a good ol' louisana Po'boy
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Looks good Ian, I'll giver a try a la wigeon tomorrow! What do you mean by resting them?

that looks sick(awesome i mean). i look forward to chomping a few of them back. not totally impossible to do out camping either.

Resting is simple, after it comes off the grill let it sit (rest) for 3 to 5 mins before slicing, allows the juices to re-distribute in the meat, juicier and more tender.

And these work great camping, I took a limit of breasts marinated in Korean bbq to deer camp and there where no leftovers!

Ian

I'll be sure to try that recipe Ian; makes my mouth water just looking at the photo!
    Why do the ducks come just after I pour my coffee?

man that thing looks good!!!
    "you know there are a lot of mountain bikers in the area" she looked at me weird when I said back to her " Thats fine, I'm not hunting mountain bikers today" Brambles

Looks great, good to see someone that knows how to cook meat!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

So hungry now lol.