Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Packers...???

Re: Packers...???

Thats why I was curious how it works...I know it wasn't the outfitter packin or flyin, I talked with one of his guides and his hunter. Good point, could have been a private plane but everyday, around the same times, twice a day??

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Who was packing and who was flying ? Outfitter ? Private plane ?

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Heavy first post.
    Referring to the present owner or the previous ? As if you actually saw him in the field ?

I only recently found this forum, hence the first post....

I never ran into Leif in the field. I ran into him in the Toad River lodge. He asked us how we were making out bear hunting. We told him we got a bear, he asked if it was a black bear. We told him it was a grizzly and we had gotten it behind Drinkall's ranch down near the Racing. He turned his back and never said another word.

This was odd because he had been very pleasant until this point, hell I even had a beer with him at his house while talking about sheep hunting.

Whew am I glad this wasn't a ghey forum with a title like that

to understand the trouble stan is having look up the wildlife act and find what the act says about who can provide services to resident huntersl. you will find that only g/o's, chartered aircraft compainies, and licensed transporters can provide services in the field to resident hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by bridger View Post
    to understand the trouble stan is having look up the wildlife act and find what the act says about who can provide services to resident huntersl. you will find that only g/o's, chartered aircraft compainies, and licensed transporters can provide services in the field to resident hunters.
    Is he a transporter if he rents me his horses??? What about a guy the rents riverboats???

BHB

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post
    Is he a transporter if he rents me his horses??? What about a guy the rents riverboats???

BHB
    Or those who rent out ATVs?? Or automobiles?

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post

BHB
    not sure what the answer is but i think the fact that he trails horses into tuchodi lakes and rents them to hunters that fly to that destination is creating the uncertainity. there is also the question of requiring a park use permit. if he rented you horses in vancouver and you hauled them to fort nelson and trailed into the tuchodi yourself them returned the horses to vancouver i would imagine that would be viewed differently. not sure what all the problems he had this fall first details i heard were on this thread.

Devilbear Guest

It sounds to me as though Tuchodi is even busier than the Bull River in the EK during the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Devilbear View Post
    It sounds to me as though Tuchodi is even busier than the Bull River in the EK during the season?
    LOL. Its gotta be pretty close. There's probably more camps per lineal mile on the Muskwa than their is on the Bull River Road.
    "If you want to hunt beasts you don't see every day,
    You have to go places quite out-of-the-way.
    You have to go places no others can get to,
    You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too."
    - Dr. Seuss

Any reputable Kluachesi Lake horse packers these days?