Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Winchester Expert ammo. Don't BUY

Re: Winchester Expert ammo. Don't BUY

All i want to say is " a bullet is only as effective as the person shooting it". If you are a poor shot no matter if you are shootine black cloud or kent you are still going to injure birds

Yes i shoot Xperts and i am on my forth box this season and i have downed 78 birds, most of the birds i shoot are also within 20 yrds and i know i would miss or just injure the bird if i shoot anything outside my confort zone so i just dont shoot them.
    M.Dean
    Real hunters have no friends! Alls we want from you is where you seen the big buck last year! We don't care about your dog or what you do for a living or how you bake a bloody pie from scratch! Where did you see the buck, Buddy! We don't watch Oprah or shower at a 10 day hunting camp, we eat pork and beans with the knife we gut Deer with,we blow our nose with our fingers and the Regs are used for Toilet Paper! Friends, Ha, isn't that a TV show for Girlie Men???

You must be one helluva shot!!! K

Not really, just too cheap,lol... Every missed bullet is money thrown in the gutter" i rather wait extra few seconds so they can come closer then take a chance
    M.Dean
    Real hunters have no friends! Alls we want from you is where you seen the big buck last year! We don't care about your dog or what you do for a living or how you bake a bloody pie from scratch! Where did you see the buck, Buddy! We don't watch Oprah or shower at a 10 day hunting camp, we eat pork and beans with the knife we gut Deer with,we blow our nose with our fingers and the Regs are used for Toilet Paper! Friends, Ha, isn't that a TV show for Girlie Men???

I normally use Kent #3s, when I can't get them I'll use expert #3s.I shoot over good decoys and I know how to call,I've noticed no difference in my kill ratio.I have the luxury of being able to pull mostly uneducated birds in close,and I don't miss many.If there is a difference it will be in the longer range spectrum,and the shooter always has the choice on whether to pull the trigger or not.I could care less about pellet shape,pattern your loads at 40yds,and then make your decision on ammo. Gunner

....Well I'm new to this duck huntin' stuff and thanks to Cazy_Farmer my bag limits have increased
    That being said, I took apart some shells.
    This is what i found, Sorry for the shitty pics!
    pic-1, is xpert #2 hv steel. the shot is really deformed and different sizes.

pic-2, is xpert BB hv steel. the shot was fairly uniform in size with little deformation.

pic-3, is Remington sportsman hi-speed steel BB. this shot is real nice, all uniform in size and no deformation.

I'm sorry I had no #2 in another brand, when i get some I will post a pic.( I think my bro has some Black cloud)
    Happy new year!

And the point is? It's well known that you only get the blended shot in #2 shot HV Xperts. Ya get what ya pay for! K

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    And the point is? It's well known that you only get the blended shot in #2 shot HV Xperts. Ya get what ya pay for! K
    Is the "blended shot" in all #2 shell brands? (I'm new to this)

Limit time thanks for your post. Now I can see that the larger shot size is fairly uniform compared to smaller shot size. At 1550 fps. the BB should be a good option for geese. As for blended no were is it marked as blended on the box. It's one size shot wether it is #2,#4 or what ever size is marked on the box that's the size. The pellets should all be a uniform size and the winchesters don't seem to be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by heyblast View Post
    Limit time thanks for your post. Now I can see that the larger shot size is fairly uniform compared to smaller shot size. At 1550 fps. the BB should be a good option for geese. As for blended no were is it marked as blended on the box. It's one size shot wether it is #2,#4 or what ever size is marked on the box that's the size. The pellets should all be a uniform size and the winchesters don't seem to be that way.
    Thanks for the reply!