Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Winchester Expert ammo. Don't BUY

Re: Winchester Expert ammo. Don't BUY

I may just do that, but really why waste one when I could shoot a duck with it. I'm not about to go cutting a perfectly good shell up just to see if the pellets are all round. I get my results in the field. So what if they arent perfectly round. I've seen the pellets from hevi-shot and remington hd shells. And that stuff is damn near perfect.

But I still keep killing them with xperts so why sweat it. I do see where you're coming from though.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Round pellets might win a pellet rolling competition, but I'm not convinced they kill ducks any better.

Quote Originally Posted by PGK View Post
    Round pellets might win a pellet rolling competition, but I'm not convinced they kill ducks any better.
    Haha thats signature worthy right there lol.

Hell give me a punt gun, I dont know what I'd rather load it with. A bag of perfect round pellets or a bunch of nuts and bolts.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

The winchester ammo I used was 4 years ago.I hope they have cleaned up there act.

I use this stuff all the time..................our first trip out this year on Nov. 11th we only shot 11 between the 2 of us. I shot 8 out of the 11 and only shot 9 shells. All DEAD minus one clean miss. Mostly pass shooting aswell. Never have a problem with this stuff. I use 2 3/4 #2 out of my ithaca xl 900 and will continue to do so.

Round pellets sure do fly allot straighter then irregular ones.Simple physics!

If you had a choice,would you use Round pellets Or oval Irregular shaped pellets?

Ive used both the federals and winchester. Ill admit I've opened both and federal do have a more uniform pellet shape and size. However, I dont cripple more birds with one or the other (and hardly ever do anyway). At $13 a box I'll be sticking with winchester xperts.

(Hey "Spy" I posted your pic for you on my thread.)

Since we can only shoot steel at ducks, which has a very light density compared to lead(illegal) or high density shot(who wants to spend 30$ a box? right??), we need every bit in these shots to drop birds.

When you see a duck at 35 yards, with 2's! shouldn't matter what brand, you should drop it in one shot, maybe two if you hit him in the A**. But 3-5 and it goes sailing?? Hmm. something aint right. Thats when dad and I took a look at these scatter-shots, and we found what was wrong.

Before we know it, we'll see "DEAD DUCKS" for our 6 o'clock news. Hey, even with lead you'll get the odd cripple. But these shells need to be gone. To many wounded birds and not enough stoned. We neeeeed round and consistant sized and equal weight pellets to kill. Not random tin foil balls.

Sure you can shoot pebbles at a duck at 15 yards and it'll fall, but shots should kill up to an easy 35 yards. As most hunters shoot at around 30 yards on average. With experts, more and more ducks are going belly up unclaimed. And there are many irresponsible hunters who wont claim there "sailers" in their bag.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

We bought 10 boxes from our local store, and we are going to show to the guy that we dealt with the pellets and see what he has to say. And I am definately going to send a notice to DU, Winchester, and anywhere else I can to get these far far far away.

If some of you guys out there can get ducks in at 15 yards ALL THE TIME, sure these shells are a fine fit for you. But for the other 80% of hunters who shoot at 25-35 yards, I strongly dont recomend these.

Longshot junior
    Last edited by longshot; 11-26-2009 at 11:28 PM.

Longshot, Im with you all the way.I cant believe Winchester is still manufacturing this crap as I said I wrote them letters 5 years ago.Do the math If 100 hunters buy these rounds,shoot there bag of 8, wing or wound another 20.Thats 2800 birds.2000 birds floating that is a crime.Im sure there are allot more than 100. Its much easier to retrieve birds on land then it is in the salt chuck.

As I said I nearly lost my dog,after she swam after a swimmer.It took her nearly a half hour to get back to shaw,thank god she found a back eddy created by the island we were on. She was so exausted when she got back to land she could hardly stand & was hypothermic. Thanks winchester for a great Hunt, NOT.