Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winchester Expert ammo. Don't BUY

Winchester Expert ammo. Don't BUY

If you hunt Water fowl,Please read longshots thread Junk shotshell !!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Winchester Expert ammo. Don't BUY

At the yardage we shoot em at, I could be throwing rocks or shooting a classy o/u 28 guage. Anyone got any 12 guage experts you wanna sell so I can reload them into a 28 guage shell. I really love the knock down power.
    Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 11-26-2009 at 10:18 PM.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Ya I agree, that blended stuff sucks! I'll buy any unwanted Xperts at $.50 on the dollar and dispose of it properly. No thanks neccessary, just happy to help out. K

Pictures don't lie. Check out the pics of the shot in my album in photo bucket. Its physics man bad shot does not fly true, Plain & simple.I don't know what the shot looked like that you were hunting with I am commenting on the crap we were shooting with.I can also post pics os the 1000's of birds I have shot in my life. Even better I could have carried on shooting that day & filled my bag. But I count birds I know I have winged in my bag limit.We were using winchester Expert no 4's. How many birds did you guys wing & loose during those shoots. Did every gun use the same ammo Give me a break. Don't be irresponsible bad shells like we are describing should not be sold plain & simple.

Thumbs down Re: Winchester Expert ammo. Don't BUY

Thats right . I killed ducks with Experts as well. I wounded a hell of a lot too. That's why I quit using this shit excuse for shotgun shells. Some of you guys say it works, how many birds do you knock down dead and how many are wounded.

Yeah most of all those birds were shot with experts, and on the cripples, we count cripples on a limit, and we pride ourselves on always getting our birds. In a field its not too tough to find them if they sail. So your question of how many were winged and lost? Maybe 1 or 2 and I'm dead serious. I dont like leaving a wounded bird out there.

Thats the thing with steel, distance and penetration sucks. You get any bird in 15-20 yards and smack it and it'll drop. Its the 40-50 yard shots where the chance of cripples is high.

I'm just busting your balls a bit so dont worry, I know experts are on the shittier end of the shell spectrum but we've been using them for years with no problems and it stacks up the birds, and no cripples. As a matter of fact we've been shooting #3s at ducks so far and we noticed this year, how much better it was fat out killing them. Not just knocking them down and they were still alive on the ground, but straight death on impact.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Five easy steps to killing ducks with winchester xperts

Step 1: Load Xpert in gun
    Step 2: Sound like a duck
    Step 3: See duck
    Step 4: Put little white bead on ducks head
    Step 5: Pick up dead duck.

They kill just fine. Then again, most of my shooting occurred under 20y this fall.....I notice the same thing. Flat out no-twitch dead when they fall.

This is very simple, don't shoot the crap!! My offer still stands. K

I thought I would post this again....I believe that we should all be ethical in our hunting. Using sub standard ammo is just wrong for hunting!!!!!!

Unbelievable I can not believe they are still selling this CRAP.5 years ago I went on my first duck hunt in Canada.An Old school duck hunter with many years experience Invited me along to shoot duck on the Salmon river.He purchased rounds from Wallmart for the two of us, Winchester 'Expert 12g.

The hunt started off just great getting into position early ,setting up a blind & decoys.I was so excited, myself & the dogs could hardy contain ourselves.As it started to dawn the birds started to fly & mike started to call,minutes later we had our first drake wings locked coming straight for us.@ 20 yards I let him have it Bang,he turned & I let him have it again Bang, still flying "what the F...k?Than Mike gave him two,he went down & Xenia my pointer made a great 100 yard retrieve.He was still alive so I did the deed.
    The morning continued with birds coming in & been winged more or less every shot,A complete gong show.
    5 birds in the bag & another 10 wounded & lost we called it a day,after we nearly lost my dog in the ocean after she was chasing a swimmer.

The discussion went like this"God dam Mike if this is how steel shot works on birds than Im sorry but I will not be hunting anymore,That was terrible. That is how I felt, I enjoy wing shooting but the birds we wounded & lost were going to die a terrible death & as far as I was concerned it was F...ed up & Unethical to say the least.
    2 weeks after the hunt I was sitting @ home & decided to cut open one of these shells.I was shocked to say the least . The shot was different in size some oval all irregular ,It even had flat spots unbelievable.So I had found the reason for us wounding so many birds.

I did a test,I called the role test. Where I would put all the shot from a shell in a tin lid and proceeded to slide photographs under until the shot started role down. Normal round lead shot only took 2 to 3 photo's to make it role. Winchester Expert shot took more than 20 photo's make it role, and some of the shot did not role at all.Check out the pictures in my photo bucket album.

I was so pissed off I wrote to Winchester & Wallmart ,I did not get any replies, But thought they would pull it off the shelves.I did not follow up & even more pissed after reading this thread.I have been shooting birds & used to guide wing shooters in SA.I used to reload and no that Irregular Non round or Swept shot is no good for hunting .
    All I can say to duck hunters out there is don't shoot this crap ammo at birds,its just not ethical.If you do count the birds you have winged & lost as your bag limit.
    http://s794.photobucket.com/albums/y...0expert%2012g/

Crazy Farmer. Cut one of those #3 shells open that I assumed you bought this season and tell us what the shot looks like. Maybe Winchester has cleaned up thier act. The shell I cut open was 3 years old.