Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moose breakfast sausage

Re: Moose breakfast sausage

Might throw in some red pepper flakes just to give it a little extra kick too

Also I must admit. This is the first time I have ever attempted making my own sausage. A lot easier than I was anticipating, don't think I will be paying for it in grocery stores anymore thats for certain! Also Chola, as promised I have been taking pictures this whole time and when I am done will start a thread with the pictures included

Noyce! I made some saasich a while ago and it tasted good but was really dry. That was at a 50/50 deer to pork ratio. Next batch I think will have to load up on extro fat or...bacon eh......hmmmm,Sounds good.

chola i just made 5lbs of your recipe with bacon ends and ground moose, this is excellent and easy to do, I will make them into patty,s.
    I have a sausage stuffer, the horn type from Cabelos but they dont work worth shi$, if anyone is thinking about the horn type stuffer dont waste your money anyways this is an excellent recipe, thanks

The stuff is great tasting!!! And the horn type stuffer is great, you just REAAAAALLY need to grease it up. I wouldn't have even known to do it unless I had watched a video on youtube cause it doesn't say to do that anywhere in the manuals lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba_Dave View Post
    The stuff is great tasting!!! And the horn type stuffer is great, you just REAAAAALLY need to grease it up. I wouldn't have even known to do it unless I had watched a video on youtube cause it doesn't say to do that anywhere in the manuals lol.
    I am more than willing to try that stuffer again, what part do you grease up, i will try to find on youtube as well

Hi Chola.
    Jooost made a batch of you breakfast saasage. AWESOME stuff. I highly recommend it folks.

Yes sir Chola
    Made your first moose breaky sausage recipe using a little more meat & fresh grated ginger.It turned out great!The spices you use really brings out the flavor.The remainder went into hamburgers c/w rolled oats,onion and fresh garlic.Also a big hit in our home! Thank-you Mark.

I know this is an oldish thread but i just whipped up a 35 lb batch of this Moose Breakfast Sausage and it's to die for!!I make 2 or 3 batches every winter and everyone that has tried it loves it.Thanks to Chola.Don't see him around these parts often but he also has a kick-ass Pepperoni recipe on here as well . THANK-YOU TO MR. CHOLA!!

glad to hear.....
    I use collagen casings now too only...no fuss no muss,no soaking or anything

I have a basic recipe I will post that I use for making what I call "smokies"..I stuff them in 1 inch collagen casing and then onto my traeger pellet grill for about 2 hrs and whoila,all done