Thread: peep cord

peep cord

Hi there my bow seems pretty quiet except the bungy on my peep site makes noise when shooting, is this normal or do I have too much tension on it? Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Bow Walker Guest

Re: peep cord

The 'noise' that you hear is normal. You hear it but someone standing just a few feet away won't hear a thing. Usually.

Ok Thanks, I thought it might be to tight. Jody

My cord seems to keep getting twisted around my string, when I draw it untwists but sometimes I notice that the peep is slightly turned even at full draw, making the hole slightly out of round, should I worry about this, it doesnt seem to make a difference in accuracy...yet. One other thing I noticed is that my cable guard slightly touches my vane when I first nock my arrow, I moved it over so that it doesnt hit but now my cable isnt straight, what would eb more important, having the cables straight with the vane just slightly touching them or vice versa?

Bow Walker Guest

The cable guard is there to keep the cables out of the way of your shot. Adjust the guard so that there is total clearance as the arrow goes by. Usually there is an angle to the cable(s) to the right (or left) away from the bowstring caused by the cableguard just for that reason.

Your peep tubing probably got twisted a bit when it was installed on the peep, causing the wrapping effect around the string. If it bothers you then remove and re-install the tubing at the peep sight. OR, if the tubing is just tied to the bow riser you can untwist it from that end.

Good luck this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    The cable guard is there to keep the cables out of the way of your shot. Adjust the guard so that there is total clearance as the arrow goes by. Usually there is an angle to the cable(s) to the right (or left) away from the bowstring caused by the cableguard just for that reason.

Your peep tubing probably got twisted a bit when it was installed on the peep, causing the wrapping effect around the string. If it bothers you then remove and re-install the tubing at the peep sight. OR, if the tubing is just tied to the bow riser you can untwist it from that end.

Good luck this season.

Either that or the string settled after the peep was installed and it's the actual string that is twisted, this would make more sense concidering the peep is still slightly twisted at full draw. just remove the tubing and reattach it when everything is untwisted. I don't tubing, once the string has settled it shouldn't twist at all anymore and the peep should stay square throughout the draw and shot.

I use a 1/4" peep no gay rubber much better no snapping.I highly recommend them.

Bow Walker Guest

I've had my peep "over rotate" so that the hole was not aligned properly and I had to pass on the shot. Now I use peep tubing and the peep sight rotates perfectly every time.

With a bit of attention to your equipment, now and then, you'll never experience the snapping that you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
    I use a 1/4" peep no gay rubber much better no snapping.I highly recommend them.
    I use the same. All depends on your string and cables though. I use winners choice. no peep creek at all. each and every time a draw back the peep is always in the same spot. The only time the peep will start to creek on you, is when your strings have stretched.

Living life at full draw.