Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: what's your archery tackle

Re: what's your archery tackle

Hey Nails , I would suggest you pick up a good used recurve continue to use your compound and dink around with it . When you feel comfortable with it then switch over.
    I have some good contacts and can get you a custom recurve for a very good price. If you are interested give me an e-mail or call 604 824 1493.
    I used a compound for 16 years or so and had great fun with it in every reguard and was very successfull 3-d and hunting venues . The natural step up to Traditional was a way to increase Simiplicity , Enjoyment and Self Satisfaction and after 10 years or so continues to be a great and enjoyable challenge .

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Browning Midas Hunter with energy cams, Trophy Ridge Sight, TM hunter rest. Beaman 400 graphite arrows, 125 gr Thunderheads.

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

Jeffery Archery One-Piece Classic 60" Hunter Recurve in 60#.
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

I am all set up ready to go with the new setup. Mathews Ovation 70#,trophy ridge matrix sight, limb savers s coil stabilizer. OH yes NAP centerflipper rest. I feel so satisified I wasted some bucks trying the NAP 2000RG rest (FOR SALE). It is shooting great but the shooter sucks at times, paper tuned with perfect holes. All ready for the ELP on Quadra.
    Todd

Bow Walker Guest

Update - Same bow, now at 60# with a Copper John Dead Nuts 3pin sight (soon to be a 4pin). Gotta love those Martin products!

BowWalker it is good to see your shoulder is improving. Good luck this season.
    Todd

PGKris Guest

Martin Jaguar set at 55# and a 28" draw length. I shoot PSE carbon express dominators with Spitfire 125 mechanicals for hunting and Easton 2315 aluminums for indoors. See ya'll in 100 Mile for the winter games!

Horton SteelForce 150lb
    Horton CarbonStrike MX's w/ vanes.
    Soon-to-be decided 100 grain broadhead (I was shooting 125 grain muzzy 4blade's, but I found that stepping back to 100 grains extended my point-blank range from 12 to 20 yards, and I'm entertaining Snyper's or Tekan II's instead of fixed blades).
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

Bow Walker Guest

bj,

Have a hard look at the 100 grain Razorcap broadheads. They are phenomenal.
    The website is http://www.razorcaps.com

If there isn't a dealer or a shop that sells them in your area, I know that Peter's Sports in Courtenay will ship them to you in a very timely manner. Email them at
    mailto: mailto: order@tyeemarine.com Direct your enquiry to a guy named Rick Phipps. He is the one that helped me and I know that they have both the 100 and the 125 grain head.

In my humble opinion, they are THE head to be on any shaft.
    Last edited by Bow Walker; 10-17-2005 at 01:33 PM.

AR34 ram and a half 28/70 quick tune 4000, extreme 700 sight,limbsaver everything, with pse competition pro arrows and montec G5 broadheads.
    Its a smooth shooting setup but its hard to beat my old razor tec that I used to have.