Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what's your archery tackle

what's your archery tackle

What's your archery tackle that you use for hunting? Do you use the same for 3D shoots?
    I use pse infinity xlr @#70, 31inch xx78 2317, 5 inch vanes, fingers, pse rs glow sight, nap flipper rest, sta bright peep 1/4" hole, 3 blade 125 gr muzzys.
    It has been good to me while hunting and for 3D shoots.
    Todd

2. Site Sponsor

archery tackle

My set up is the same for 3D or hunting :--High Country carbon force bow. at 64 pounds and 31 1/2 inch draw. cobra sight box (5 pins ) cobra fixed rest and a regular pic-a-peep. aroows are carbon force 300's with
    2 & 3/4" staggered fletches. 75 grain field points that I swap out for muzzy's. Seems to work out for me. I am not a speed freak like a lot of the guys up here. Oldtimer
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson
    Hunting and 3D set-up is the same: Champion Titan set at 68#'s, Gold Tip 75/95's, 5" Feathers with LH Helical, Sightmaster Elite 2000, Muzzy Zero Effect, TRU Ball Loopmaster, No-Peep.
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

My last hunting rig was a Champion Yukon 84#'s shooting carbon force 400's with 100 grain sonorans ( 425grns total). Cobra sight box and prong rest. My current bow which will become my hunting bow as soon as my new toy arrives is a Bowtech Extreme VFT... will be set at 70-75#'s will be using the same arrows except am switching to 100 grain magnus stingers, same sight box but will be using a trophy taker shakey hunter rest. Have used the same rigs for both 3-d and hunting but will now be using my new Bowtech Pro 40 dually for 3-d when it comes in. Will be shooting it at around 50#, 31" draw. Gold tip pro ultralight arrows with 50 grain nibb points ( around 260 grn total), cobra eclipse micro adjust sight, cavalier avalanche drop-away rest, 4" vibracheck stabalizer. I use a Scott littlebitty goose release for all my shooting.
    Wifes hunting/3-d rig.... bowtech Extreme VFT 48#'s 29.5" draw, Gold tip 3555's with 85 grn steelforce broadheads. Copper john sight, cavalier avalanche drop-away. Will be getting her a new target bow as soon as funds allow, most likely a Hoyt Ultratech, Martin Phantom II, or another bowtech depending on how she likes my dually.

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Browning Rampage Split Limb, set at 70#, Archer's Choice 3 set pin, (Changed from Browning Lightning Site), With regular tube set peep, Quick tune 2000 rest, same arrows for 3D and Hunting which are XX78 Super Slam 2413, with either 125 gr field points or 125 grain Muzzies, Cobra release...Do well enough Hunting and reall shitty at 3D shoots...Go figure, can't make soup out of foam targets...

Craig

Same for 3-D and hunting , %*lb@ 28" Recurve and wood arrows with 125gr broadheads.

REMEMBER;--Keep Your Fingertab On--

WELCOME GREYBARK!!! we need all the arrow flingers we can get here!!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

I use the same set up for both 3-D and hunting. I shoot an AR34 set at 70# with 30" draw. I have a Cavelier dropaway rest with a set of Champion pin sites. My arrows are Carbon force 300's with both 100 grain field points and Sonorans. As this will be my first year with the new bow I am quite excited. I have previoulsly taken 3 deer and a black bear with my old Hoyt using the same arrow setup.
    Chris H

I also use the same set up for hunting and 3-D. I have a Mathews Ultra-light bow set at 64# and 29.5" with a 2" overdraw. I shoot easton 2114 with 4" helical fletch and 125gr 3-blade muzzy's for hunting and 2216 with the same fletch and 125gr field points for 3-D. I have a serveless peep and a quicktune rest, with a PSE sight(4-pin). I shoot with a Bracklyn release.

I too have the same setup for both
    2003 Hoyt Ultratec 68 lbs
    Copper John deadnuts pro III
    GKF TKO rest
    Doinker 7" D2 multirod
    Fletchunter release
    Goldtip Xt7595

Hunting add
    Alpine softlock quiver
    slick trick broadheads