Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boar hunting from Turkey

bone-collector Guest
    SHIT and just when I was content to hunt here I have to see that......guess I will have to keep hauling logs for a few more years ...I will have 1 of them skulls on my shelf

(why is DAMMIT a controled word?D@MMIT) haha

boar hunting

Hey BC, we have boar hunts out here too. They are wild boar, but in an enclosed area. I have not tried it, but the guys say it is not "pen hunting" at all, the pigs are very smart and the hunting is high-adrenaline. Some folks use bows, some use rifles.

I think "Bigredd" back on CGN has done it, and he is no candy-ass, you might want to ask him.

And you can get to Ontario cheaper than you can get to Turkey! Plus you know you have a bunch of places to stay when you are out here..........

Doug

PS) I will even allow you to smoke at my place. Out in the garden with the dog shit.......

bone-collector Guest
    hmm maybe the dog wont like me ?

dog

My dog never met a human being he didn't like.

Other DOGS! Well, that's a different story.............. 8O

Doug

my gun is in none of the pictures unfortunately but I'm using a 308win. Sauer 90. Normally I prefer shooting 150gr ammo but in the pictures I was using 190gr norma diamond line.

bone-collector Guest
    arrrrrrrrrrrg ok you can stop now memo haha , dam I am a norma ammo fan to bad we cant get it in BC in very many spots ..and if you do find it its about 120 dollars a box for my big guns 8O , so I beg borrow and steal all the norma brass I can find for reloading

Although my normas are match grade, I was really shocked with the effect they made. You can all imagine the entry of a 30cal. but imagine exit holes in 10 to 15cm wide holes!!! The moly coated HPBT diamond lines are by far the most deadly ammo that I've ever used. Unfortunately we could find such ammo very rarely in here...

bone-collector Guest
    Bad Medacine for big piggies

Left to right: .308 Win, .350 Rem Mag, .376 Steyr, .375 H&H

and this is a big boar out here Memo

not to hijack the thread - but that steyr looks a lot like the 375 Whelen I was looking at the other night. pretty simmilar?

cartridges

OK, I will try to get a photo of my .338-378 KT cartridge beside those dinky little shells there.....

Doug