Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boar hunting from Turkey

Boar hunting from Turkey

Hi guys,
    I live in turkey and let me tell you how we organise boar hunts. The style maybe called ambush but its more likely a waiting method. We know the geography of hunting fields and usually drop few guys at the begining of the field and we make a line of hunters aligned vertically towards the possible boar coming direction a few kms ahead. You can guess whats happening next; some radio announces from runners and if we are lucky we could take a shot. In one hunting day we can repeat the same scenario about 4 or 5 times at different places.

That one was about a month ago and it was the second series of that day. After a 30min hill climbing, we took our position on top of a rock facing a steep hill and about 20mins later, I saw the boars coming towards us. There were 11 boars coming directly toward us a group of 7 was on the middle a small group of 3 was on the left and a large mean male was on the rightest side. I preffered to stay silent and wait until last second. and rised my gun to watch the one at the right. The big male was running aggresively in the scope of my gun and just as I was talking myself that I had few seconds to place a shot I heard that early shot made by another guy 50 or 60m towards my left. Suddenly boars increased the pace and I lost all my position! I ran few meters and managed to shoot one of the medium sized ones as they are leaving the vision (this is the gal in front of my gf). We checked the boar made a radio announce to call help to carry it but understood that we need to return the cars and take a rope to pull it. The road to cars was downhill as I was asking my gf's feelings about the event that she had recently seen, she stopped and told "whats that noise over these bushes??" I put my gun in skeet position in a second and at the same time, an injured boar charged through the bushes from 5m! First I saw its side and placed a shot through the neck (surprisingly it doesnt change it pace!), than it turned to me with a nose down "teething" position and I placed the second shot just at the back of head from top (it slowed a little) and I placed the last shot towards the forehead (and it fell 3m in front of me). The charging boar is the one infront of me in the picture.

I'm sorry for the bad story language as I'm not the one who can write great stories. Hope you enjoed all.

take care.

2. Site Sponsor

bone-collector Guest
    dam I need to add that to things to do in life list

sounds like fun..i would love to try boar hunting one day...thanx for the great story
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

I seriously have to start cleaning out the deer camp and get some new hunting partners like Amphibious and Memo have, it would be alot easier on the eyes!!!

Welcome to HBC and Thanks for the great story & pics DAN>>>

Wow - what lovely pigs and what a pretty girlfriend you have!!! Your English is very very good. Are there a lot of pigs in Turkey?
    What else do you hunt?

Carolynne
    What I lack in skill, talent, and experience I make up for in ENTHUSIASM!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SniperGirly
    Are there a lot of pigs in Turkey?
    I know for sure there are alot of em in an Ontario deer camp!

SniperGirly, thanks for the compliments
    The boar population is really well in Turkey but this does not mean that you can find boars at every hunt. The fields are huge and animals are not stable. There is also a wide range of bird hunts in here but I'm focused on boars. We have also some nice deers, bears, wolfs and some wild goats but all of them need special fees and permissions to hunt.

this is another one shot in the same hunt...

boars

Sounds like a hell of a hunt, for sure! What kind of shootin' iron is that you are using?

PS to maddog..............you really are having second thoughts about inviting me to your deer camp, aren't you!

Doug