Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trail cameras

Trail cameras

I'm looking for some info on the various digital trail cameras available on the market. Not interested in the 35 mm type that takes film. There are a bunch of different ones listed on ebay, and I see Wholesale Sports and SIR also carry some different brands. Bushnell makes at least two different models, and some of the more expensive ones [ Trail Scout ] for one, on ebay utilize a Sony camera that can be removed from the trail cam and used as a regular digital camera.

Any feed back on any of the models, features, quality, warranty, problems or complaints etc?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Trail cameras

Hi there, just had to register(found this site 3 days ago and saw your request so i thought i would join). Trail cameras are great fun. I bought one last summer and am amazied at the pics. I have bear, elk, deer,collered couger......) I bought mine from http://www.woodlandspycam.com/ but there are lots out there goto http://realdealhuntingchat.invisionzone.com/ or http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/ and they even tell you how to build your own and you"ll get an idea of what can be done with them and if that isnt enough maybe you want to turn that handy cam into a game video cam, yes they evan have instrutions for that. Good luck it addicting.

I would have posted some pics but i'm to knew here. Maybe when I get it figured out.
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

Heres 3 pics (i hope this works). Nope didnt work. Ok heres 1 pic. Can somebody point out how to put more than 1 pic up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00316 (370 x 278).jpg  
    Last edited by Ozone; 01-17-2006 at 08:27 PM.

Wow that looks like a nice bear. Fairly clear too. I thought about getting one of these and setting it up by the rubs and sign to see how big the bucks really are.

Ozone,
    Thanks! Lots of good reading here.

Ok I've tried to post some more pics here but cant figgure it out after getting them into the gallery. There if there you want to look.
    Can somebody expain how to put them here please.

Also look at the backgrounds. Bear, elk, deer and couger are all on the same trail, in a 2 week period if I remember correct.

I said it in the gallery but I'll say it again here.

Those are some really awesome pictures. What a great way to get to know whats happening in the area when you are not there. Have you ever gotten a picture of another hunter walking by unsuspectidly?. Now that would be funny.

Marc

No I take i out before the season starts. Not all hunters have ethics (just couse its cable to a tree doesnt mean it cant be stolen). I have seen a picture of a guy on private lands turned into a poster then plasted all over the guys town I.D.ing him as a poacher though. Apperently the guys wife phoned up and said he wont be back. But watch out somebody may be watching you.

ozone you got some real nice pictures there . looks like you got yourself a good spot.nice variety of animals coming thru.