Thread: Sausage Making

Sausage Making

Had some friends stop over when my brother and I were making some Elk and Bison sausage. Good friends, good fun, and the beer was flowing. Fired up the BBQ in the shop and cooked up some of our handywork.
    We did most of it with natural skins, and a few with synthetic. The synthetic skins were very small, like breakfast sausage. All togeather we made up about 140lbs. Fresh Sausage, Mild Italian, Beerworst, Bratworst, Octoberfest, Garlic Sausage, and something called "Moose Sausage" but we made it with Elk meat (I gues that makes it Elk Moose Sausage)
    Threw a little clip togeather, just for fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2U3HACfQMk
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My outdoor vids on Youtube :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RockDoctor07

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sausage Making

Great vid RD. Nothing quite like a sausage making party...
    " You know you're in Goat country when it takes both arms
    and legs to climb and you can spit down on sheep". Patrick Stephens

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Extra points to whomever can post the best pic of Christys boobs!
    "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

Great video. Reminds me of my youth. Despite owning a meat processing and sausage making plant, my father had his own little "sausage making kitchen" in the basement. There he tried out new recipes and each year we all gathered around and made wild game and home raised livestock sausages. It was a party for the family and all the friends. I miss those days.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Sure goes fast with the stuffer and looks tasty.

My favorite quote "I don't know if I can turn it any f*ckin slower", I laughed out loud.

cool video! just wondering where a guy would get a stuffer like that and what it's worth?

beeker

Quote Originally Posted by beeker View Post
    cool video! just wondering where a guy would get a stuffer like that and what it's worth?

beeker
    My hunting partner picked it up from Cabelas a few yrs ago, don't remember what it's worth but it works great. I used to use a grinder to make the sausage, works OK, but nothing like this. Very easy to use and very good control. Once you get the hang of it you can move pretty fast.
    We did the 140lbs in about 7hrs, but with lots of "Breaks", and I think we ended up making 8 different kinds.
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My outdoor vids on Youtube :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RockDoctor07