Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: deer kill (warning some red snow)

deer kill (warning some red snow)

I went out on the quad today to have a look around for deer tracks and see how much snow there is in the spots that I want to hunt in the next few weeks. About 2k from home I see some wolf tracks, as I am checking roads trails and power line I keep crossing the same tracks. As I am climbing up farther I get about 12k from where I first seen the tracks, I see where the pack (looks like 5) had some deer on the run. I didn't follow the tracks right away I went and checked another area first. When I came back and went in on another road, I find 3 spots on the road like this.

I could see that they had pulled the deer down a few times. I looked around a bit more and found the kill site.

Not much left just broken bones and hide.

Last edited by T300WSM; 11-03-2009 at 06:50 PM.
    if your not here after what iam here after your going to here after iam gone

2. Site Sponsor

Re: deer kill (warning some red snow)

Looks like the wolves had a nice meal.
    FISHERMAN CODE : Early to bed early to rise fish like hell and make up lies

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Very efficient killers wolves are!!
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

its crazy how they can break the bones like that

looks like nothing was wasted we where hunting up north in september and we had a pack of at least 10 ( pups and adults )spent4 days on a kill untill it was all gone ,they are efficient eating machines

Wow they sure don't waste much do they. That would be pretty cool to come upon.

wow. thanks for posting. Nature can be cruel but thats the way she goes
    Trigger finger

I understand that the reason wolves were reintroduced to Wyoming and the elk and bison herds of Yellowstone was because there was no predator to those (other than griz and coyote) large populations. Therefore no check valve on them led to a severe over population and a significant deterioration to their habitat as well as the herds health. Since then, a definite improvement has been noted in all aspects of a more balanced and healthy ecosystem. Makes sense and sounds reasonable to me! In the bigger picture, I'd say wolves aren't bad or destructive. It's just the human perception because of their niche and they are always front and center.

Great pictures and you had a moving emotional experience of wolves being wolves.
    They'll never end hunting...may make it illegal, but they'll never really kill that way of life!

at least they ate it up. pretty neat to witness the power of nature eh ?

Port Alberni in Hunting season, Bamfield in fishing season.

I came across a very fresh wolf kill in reg 3 one time, where a small 2 pt mule deer had just been taken down. It was fresh enough, that he was still warm I got the hell out of there. Another time I witnesed 3 coyotes take down a fawn in colorado. It was unreal how fast it all happened...
    God invented Whitetails for people who cant hunt Blacktails.