Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bushnell Elite 3200

youngfellla Guest

Re: Bushnell Elite 3200

I have a 3200 with the FireFly. You charge it with a flashlight for a couple minutes, and the crosshairs will glow a bright green. The charge actually lasts for a couple hours. That being said, I have never used it while hunting, the Bushnell scopes are bright enough in low-light situations.

Thanks for that Cappy...i didnt know about the wobble.

I am going to go for the Banner Dusk and Dawn 3-9x40, as I dont have the funds for the 3200.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

lcpaintballer,

I have used the Banner on my 270, and it worked OK at the range. I hunted with it a couple of times in the rain but it fogged so easily that I upgraded to the 3200. The 3200 is worth saving up for.

Speaking of zoom, I'm in the 'less is better' camp too. My next scope will probably be a 1.5-6 or similar. When punching targets from a benchrest, the extra zoom is very nice, but for critter shooting in field conditions (adrenalin rush, off the shoulder or using a tree or stick for a brace), 6x is plenty to get me out well past any range I would realisticly take a shot at a critter (100 to 150 yards max for me). I've never turned my 3-9 up past 3x in the field, and there's been times I've wished for lower zoom for light gathering, less wobble, and wider field of view.
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

LC, save up for the 3200! I did it and it is woth it (Elite 3200 3-9x40 no firefly cause they don't need it). Go scope shoppiing at dusk on a rainy day and take a couple outside the store. Only then look through them to check brightness and clarity in the low light. (Get the sales person to go with you and hand you the scopes without telling you which one it is. A little blind test.)

Also if you can, find a couple rifles to hold with scopes on them. Now get into real shooting postitions (kneeling, standting, sitting, prone) and dial that zoom up. If you can handle the scope wobble from these positions great, but I doubt you can. Most can't. I know I can't, especially over 200m.

If you wait until the first weekend in March, the Fraser Valley Outdoor show will have great deals on stuff like this. Plus, Bushnell and Leupold dealers will be there with all their scopes to look through. The deals are worth waiting for and the time to save up is worth it too. Besides, what can you hunt bewteen now and March anyway? The other question is one I was told - always buy scopes that are at least as good as your bino's, cause it would really suck to see a big animal in your binos and then look through your scope and you cannot really see it.... do you take the shot and guess? Buying a better scope is worth it!
    -Tarp Man
    Last edited by Tarp Man; 01-16-2006 at 05:08 PM.

I have a 4-12 Elite 3200 without firefly, I love the scope! The best part about it is its always maintians zero.I also have a B&L 3200 3-9L Its has been excellent. Every time I purchase a" buget" optic it has broke or failed or just dissapointed me. In the end I upgraded anyway so it acually cost more to cheep out on hunting gear in the end!

On my 30-06 Elite 3200 3-9X40. Love it.
    Just bought an Elite 3200 3-9x50 for the .338

Wholesale sports carries the 3-9x40 for $250, You can not go wrong with that price. Everyone is on a budget, that I really understand, but I would save an extra few dollars every time for an Elite scope. And that Rainguard system is the best.

Ok, the past 5 posts have really changed my mind. I have a friend that is going to buy my scope that is on my model 710, so that will give me some money to spend on a new one.

I am going to go to the Duncan Sportman Show this sunday, and look around. If I can find one for a resinalbe price (bushnell 3200) I will buy it. I also got a local gunsmith gaterhing some scopes up for me (told him I wanted a scope for deer and/or bear hunting but must also be good for the range).

So I will look into the 3200 some more, but keep your reviews comin!!
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Tarp Man
    Besides, what can you hunt bewteen now and March anyway?
    -Tarp Man
    I know, but I still go to the range to pop off some rounds .
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ok, after some quick research and some consulting from my dad I have decided to get the Bushnell Elite 3200 in 3-9x50. I want a bigger field of veiw/recticle.

Now to wait until sunday for the gun show in Duncan.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ