Thread: Port Alberni Bear.

Port Alberni Bear.

A mother bear wandering around our townhouse complex today.
    Her cub was in a tree nearby insisting on a sleep so she was sort of stuck hanging around in the mid afternoon and eventually went up the tree with him.

I noticed she has these white things in her ears, are they tags? What are they for?

Cheers!
    C.
    ----

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Port Alberni Bear.

My guess is she is a problem bear. I suggest you send the photo and info to the local CO.
    "Don't believe everything you think."

We talked the the local CO a month ago when she was treed with her two cubs (they in separate trees) by the local idiots and their kids that insisted on hanging around below the tree she was in taking pictures of her.

I know the COs are keeping an I on things, but the idiots in my complex are not securing their garbage in spite of being told to do so.

Anyway she is up this tree having a nap right now.
    Cheers!
    C.
    ----

Man the edit function on this board sucks...anyway I was going to add you can see her cub in the tree above in the pic above.

I hope they are left alone today by the local idiots so they can make a safe escape tonight.

She looked like she wanted to leave the area but the cub was hanging around with other ideas.
    Cheers!
    C.
    ----

Too bad.......those that are leaving garbage out are sealing her fate.......

she stole the head of the spike i shot the other day, ate half of it then left it in the neighbours yard, then she broke my fence down,
    Luckily she didnt get my chickens but broke their fence as well, i think she ate their food as it seems a bit low today.

There was a bear on my Mom's porch the other night, she left her compost bucket just outside the kitchen door, woke up to her little dog going ape sh*t, she said she walked up to his kennel and looked out the glass sliding door only to be face to face with a blackie. I told her to stop leaving garbage and food out for the bears to get into otherwise they will just keep coming back til someone kills them. When I lived in Port Alberni we were out Beaver Creek, I dont remember too many bears, but Mom lives in town now , near Roger Street and says their are bears around all the time it seems.

Oh back in 92 I believe it was. On our way to work building the new the college we had a blackie trailing some school kids down the road. He sure was interested in them but at the same time wanting to leave. Couldn't make up his mind he would start to turn away and then his nose would get him in trouble he would start sniffing putting it up in the air and he would start to trail them again. We decided wasn't worth the risk and treed him. CO's came and tranq him and took him away. Used to be some great bear hunting up there

L
    Never Mind The Bullshit !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Calum View Post
    Man the edit function on this board sucks...anyway I was going to add you can see her cub in the tree above in the pic above.

I hope they are left alone today by the local idiots so they can make a safe escape tonight.

She looked like she wanted to leave the area but the cub was hanging around with other ideas.
    If you have problems wiht tediting, try hitting "go advanced" button when you are in the edit screen.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Cool Re: Port Alberni Bear.

Believe we saw the same bear Calum. My 1/2 Arctic Wolf treed her and her cub in the yard twice, and twice in the greenbelt below the house this fall, so we got a pretty good look at her. Same ear tags (signifies she has been in trouble at least twice) and white chest. And yeah, she was about simply due to the idiots in the gray condo across the ravine that provide lots of garbage to feast on - she literally drug their crap all over the coulee before we realized what was going on. Thanks and Kudos to the Ladz that cleaned up that mess! Methinks should the same events with the condo happen next year, a few of us Locals will have to have a word or two...

Due to the tags, we didn't call the CO - third strike usually means you're out, and with the cub involved, I didn't want any part of that. Methinks the wolf-cross got the message across properly. After the last time she treed them (twice in one afternoon) they didn't come back as far as I know.

Small world - appears we are likely neighbors...

Cheers,
    Matt
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me