Thread: A question

A question

Hey Every one i have a question about one of the statements in the regs,It says that there is shot guns with shot only and that there is a 500m off shore boundary what do they meen by that?,any info would be great.
    Symon
    Last edited by Iron-Head; 01-14-2006 at 08:02 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: A question

shotgun with shot only means no slugs or buckshot
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Yeh i know thatpart but i just dont get the 500m off shore boundary are they saying you cant go past 500m off shore?

I think it means you can't shoot 500 m from the shore line out.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

O, has anybody ever hunted sea ducks?
    Are they really fishy,
    Symon.

They have a strong flavor to them. It all depends on what typ of duck you shoot. Widgeon, lesser and greater scaup(bluebills) eat grass and vegitation on the bottom. Still very good eating. Other ducks like buffleheads,Goldeneye, feed off of snails, small crabs and pretty much what ever else they can catch. Darker meat stronger flavor. Megansers feed on fish.

It's a great way to prolong your hunting season and there is no shortage of birds if you want to do some wing shooting. A bufflehead, extremely fast and small, is one of the more chalenging ducks to try and shoot on the wing.

A lot of Newfoundlanders prefer the fishy gamy birds over the grain fed ones. I guess it all comes down to what you were brought up on.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF