Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Future of the sport of hunting and fishing.

Re: Future of the sport of hunting and fishing.

Both my kids where involved in outdoor activities when they where very young, the younger the better, now I have one that out fishes me while the other out hunts me, thats great in my books. To see there injoyment in the outdoors is enough for me. And I always am willing to go out of my way to teach new and older people the enjoyment of either the hunt or the big catch. Thats probably the most enjoyable part is seeing them have a great time. Took a fellow huntin this year and we where fortunate enough to get a moose, that is my son, I'm pretty sure he's hooked for life now.

well i know kids dont liek to get forced into things as i am one but, if you have a daughter thta likes to hunt and she my age lol jk fellas altho....
    if im not hunting im fishing if im not fishing im hunting if im not hunting or fishing........im dead

[quote=moose hunter]well i know kids dont liek to get forced into things as i am one but, if you have a daughter thta likes to hunt and she my age lol jk fellas altho....[/quote
    Sorry moosehunter my daughter is quite a bit older than you.

i gots a gf that i like to take shooting, only chick i nkow that doesnt slap me if i say i killed a deer ot one of my buddies and they hear it lol
    if im not hunting im fishing if im not fishing im hunting if im not hunting or fishing........im dead

When I was still a single mom, my daughter had no choice but to go hunting with me as I couldn't afford a babysitter and couldn't get one for 5:00am either. It use to drive me crazy sometimes but she was a much better "walker" than a "sitter". Can you say FIDGET. Even after I got married she still had to go as she was still too young to stay home and 5:00am still scared babysitters. Sometimes she would walk with the hubby and sometimes with me. The bad part is that now at 14 she only comes if she wants to and that isn't enough as far as I am concerned but you can't push.

She had her 1st big buck in her sights this fall and after stalking him for about 1 hr she finally lost him in the gloom of the forest. It just got too dark and although she managed to crawl to within 30yds of him he never presented her with a good shot (crossbow). As she is kneeling with the bow proped up and her eye to the scope she says to me in a totally breathless whisper "Mommy, I'm shaking". After we walked out of the bush I asked her if she now understood why I liked hunting. I got a big grin and a nod. She didn't even realize how long she had been crawling around after that buck and what she had been crawling through. Then we came home and she checked her make-up and started to watch "What Not To Wear". 14 year old girls are very strange

Quote Originally Posted by moose hunter
    i gots a gf that i like to take shooting, only chick i nkow that doesnt slap me if i say i killed a deer ot one of my buddies and they hear it lol
    wow bud you need to get out more...I can think of 5 friends of mine, as well as a number of female cousins and a couple aunts who are very into hunting. Out of the 3 moose LEH tags my family drew this year, my aunt got a bigger bull than either of my uncles. There aren't enough girls who do hunt, but we're not exactly non existant.

my ex was anti and i got her into hunting...i learned alot about hunting from my grandma and i know lots of other females that hunt..my current gf doesnt hunt but she said she will go out with me for drives some times...and i know she can shoot she use to be a marksmen in the cadets...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

PGKris Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CHilko21
    wow bud you need to get out more...I can think of 5 friends of mine, as well as a number of female cousins and a couple aunts who are very into hunting. Out of the 3 moose LEH tags my family drew this year, my aunt got a bigger bull than either of my uncles. There aren't enough girls who do hunt, but we're not exactly non existant.
    Yeah and you live in 150 mile, deer hunting heaven. This is PG, PG sucks the big one. It's not cool to kill animals in PG. Unless you're over 35.

Quote Originally Posted by PGKris
    This is PG, PG sucks the big one.
    Are you crappen on my town? Anyway, I think you need to hang out with a new crowd.

PGKris Guest

Yeah I'm crappin on this town. Everyone here hates hunters! Except hunters! I'm also gettin a new shotgun and you ain't Loser!
    Last edited by PGKris; 01-19-2006 at 11:59 PM.