Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Begginer Photography

Re: Begginer Photography

Kyle great looking photos, I too like the Nikon brand..I shoot the d200 and 300mm lens...digital...great cameras..

cheers
    Steven

These are great looking pictures Kyle, you obviously have talent to become a good photographer. Personally I would not display pictures of such quality in large format on the internet without protection.

You're right about the camera. As my wife keeps saying in her photography courses. "The camera is just a box." It's the quality of lens that is important to take quality pictures. But more important than that is knowing how light works and how the camera sees and how to compose pictures.

When I started to take pictures I had camera gear in the range of 15,000 dollars and still the images sucked. Then my wife taught me how to use the gear properly. The difference is like day and night.

BTW - When I first met my wife I was surprised to learn that wildlife photographers use the same tactics as bowhunters to get close to wildlife. Even with a 1,000mm lens you have to get very close to fill the frame with a bird and about 50 to 40 yards for a deer. The closer you can get the better the image quality will be. My favorite lens for wildlife photography is the 500mm lens, it's heavy but not as heavy as the 1000mm lens, and still maneuverable.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Thanks for sharing the pics and yep you got some Talent for it no doubt !

Practice and patience.. Pretty proud of this one..Keep at it, you've got some great pics..
    Last edited by eastkoot; 12-28-2009 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eastkoot View Post
    Practice and patience.. Pretty proud of this one..Keep at it and you'll soon get results
    That is un-fricken-believable! Awesome shot eastkoot!
    "If you want to hunt beasts you don't see every day,
    You have to go places quite out-of-the-way.
    You have to go places no others can get to,
    You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too."
    - Dr. Seuss

Cool pic eastkoot did you get to watch him catch it?