Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Went out for the First Time!!!

Wink Went out for the First Time!!!

Well, I was lucky enough to go out this fall to hunt for deer and moose with my hun and his dad. We started out in Abbotsford all packed up and ready to go. I Have a Toyhauler and it definitly came in handy for the trip! Loaded with a couple quads and all the supplies we would need for a few weeks made it a full load! First we went out to try our luck at deer hunting. My hun and his dad were hoping to get two. The first day out (Williams Lake area) my Father-in-law got his doe right away...the following day we decided to treck out and sure enough within a couple minutes of getting off the quad my hun got his little buck. Unfortunatly this meant I would not be able to shoot bambi myself, but the following day we packed up and went to an area about 1.5 hrs NorthEast of Quesnel. We set up camp and got ready for our moose hunting expedition. My hun managed to get one the morning of the second day out. We heard the moose chatting back and forth the late afternoon prior but couldn't get them to come close enough...sure enough, they called them the following morning and ka-boom! Down went miss moose! The trip was very enjoyable even the part where I fell in the creek and got all soaked! Thank goodness for wool socks as it was -15 the whole time we were there!!! We even had fun butchering the deer and making all kinds of sausage and perpperoni when we got back! PS: I did get to shoot grouse as we travelled on the forestry roads, so I kinda hunted! I also love log structures and they were nice enough to take me on little relaxing expeditions by quad and boat to see old hunting cabins and old abandoned log homesteads which made the trip even that much better!!! Can't wait to go again and maybe I will get myself a nice bambi to hang above my fireplace!!!
    ~The Metis Huntress~

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Went out for the First Time!!!

Welcome to hunting and the site!
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

Sounds like you have been bitten by the hunting bug.........there's no cure.
    welcome to HBC.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

Welcome to the fray. It's good to see more ladies taking up the habit!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

I love the K-boom part. Sounds like a great trip. Any pictures you can share?

Bow Walker Guest

Hearty congratulations on your 'hunting trip', and a very warm welcome to the site. Looking forward to more contributions (plus a joke).

Tawnshi
    Welcome to the forum.

I do believe the newbies are required to post a joke. Let's hear it. And welcome of course. Pics are also 'required' with stories.
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Welcome to HBC!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Okay, so I am a little more informed about the rules of posting and will get some pics on here, for the mean time here is a joke to give you a chuckle. Unfortunatly I don't know too many hunting jokes!

Q:What’s the difference between a hunter and a fisherman?
    A hunter lies in wait.
    A fisherman waits and lies.
    ~The Metis Huntress~