Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: Brambles and Rattler GRIZZLY ATTACK sheep adventure

Re: Brambles and Rattler GRIZZLY ATTACK sheep adventure

omg insane story and pics good thing you guys made it okay and didnt get hurt to bad

it is evidently clear and should be noted bears are like peoplke no two are a alike..and even good folks go bad or do bad things..and there are bad bears,,,, upbringing run ins with humans, injuries, lack of food or just ill natured I have ran ino several...there still is a miserable old $##&&#&# female near the walk bridge in kwatna..and she no longer has her cubs..maybe she just learned to be protective and now uses that agressive stratagy to keep getting significant a significant zone of avoidance...another at the north end of Quesnel lake also rings a bell.. just mean agressive bears,

This one actually came back and destroyed the tent AGAIN...hmmm sounds deliberate...one in Kwatna ended Terry the guide at the times idea of sleeping in tents...$1200 tent later...it could have been just a chocolate bar left in the tent..or it could have been a good bear on a bad day or it could have been a relocated ex trouble maker continuing its ways..

Bear do use defined trails..to go from A-B..other times when following their noses for food they can meander anywhere....and most times they use the avenue of least resistance ie rds, game trails, horse trails..they are lazy and ingenious at the same time..being large and well equipped with teeth and claws makes them dangerous and a worthy advesary..

sr

Stumbled onto this thread while researching Pack Alarms. Pretty damn good reminder of what can happen out there! Aaand I think that seals the deal on the pack alarm purchase!!

Wow, first time I heard this story. Planning a solo goat hint in Region 4 soon, thinking the 338 Lapua with a 265grain Barnes chambered will let me sleep better. Last time in this area I had to dodge a set of twin grizz that had just left momma I suspect.
    Thanks for the story and pics, Cheers.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Yep, incredible story of courage and the ability to survive in the wild!!! I learn'd lots from reading this way back in two thousand and twelve, I dam well haven't been in the bush since!!! Thanks Rattler and Brambles!!!

Having just met up on trail with a massive boar I can appreciate his decency to not take a shot at me and eating any led. Thanks for sharing the story man, and I'm with you on the media's choice of words.

I got butt-f*ed on West Vancouver Marine Dr, she would relentlessly push from the back and when I stepped out to ask her to slow down she almost ran me over. Now I realize I was just on a migratory path of a stupid cow, guess it's a matter of perspective.

But I digress, happy you guys are OK and in one piece.
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by mataxa View Post
    The mother, estimated to weigh 300 pounds (136 kilograms) to 400 pounds (180 kilograms),

On a lighter note ...the moment you realize you're a small grizzly size - yes, 300lbs - and I ain't fluffy.
    My poor wife ...all I'm saying

Ayn Rand

You guys must be bored ...dragging up old threads.
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

But it's a gooder!
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by kyleklassen View Post
    You guys must be bored ...dragging up old threads.

That right there ...pure gold!

Ayn Rand