Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Brambles and Rattler GRIZZLY ATTACK sheep adventure

Re: Brambles and Rattler GRIZZLY ATTACK sheep adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Brambles View Post
    No it wasn't where he shot his Ram, As far as any scent on our boots or clothes/gear, I guess anything is possible. but I've been wearing them around since the kills earlier this year, can't say I've shampoo'd my boots, but I don't think many people do.

Pants and shirts wouldn't have had any scent on them, I had gaiters on and they would have been clean too.

Yes it has been reported and they are gonna post a sign informing people of the dangerours bear in the area.
    I just talked to another person to see if they had heard of any bear incidents earlier this year. I guess there was one around the first camp ground that had gone into unoccupied tents and then trashed them trying to get out, no one seen them to identify as grizzly or black though would have been interesting to know if the same bears. You would think if a predatory attack there would have been more damage but like you say your fighting back may be what saved you.
    The bears really seem to be moving around right now we say a few different sets of tracks this past weekend and another buddy seen 5 sets today but he covered alot of ground.

Holy Freeking Moly...what a tale for the ages and glad no one is 6 ft under!

wow oh wow!!! Suddenly no magnum is too heavy to pack up the mountain.....

Now that is a story !! I kept reading, waiting for you to wake up or make fun of your tent partner for snoring........but then Holy Shit !!

I'm surprised you heard them coming at all, some times no sounds until its too late.

Maybe the yelling did set her off, who knows. Did you really find the door to get out, or just rip a new one ?

Theres something to be said for a sheep-weight 338 mag now I bet ?

Glad you guys are OK, but get back on and ride again.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Has the media got your story yet? You should post up some pics of your arm and tent on the "Save the bears" site and tell them how you where mauled in you sleep.

Glad you guys made it out alive!!! You both fought off a Grizzly Bear and bloody well won!!! Not a lot of people can say that!!! I hope this story gets a bit of news attention! M.Dean

HOLY SHIT.

I just got home from working in the field today to see this post and I just went white...........

As quite a few know, Rattler (Ken) is a good friend of mine and we had a very successful Stone's sheep trip a couple years ago together.

Bottom line, I'm glad you both are safe and nothing worse came of it.

Jeezus.

Howdy, yes you two are very lucky guys. I hope you bought a ticket on tommorrows 25 million lottery.
    There will probably be quite a few more episodes like this that no one ever hear about.
    I think most likely predatory to try and gain another 20lbs. before they go in the den.
    No rhyme or reason for any of these types of attacks-they just do it because food is always on their minds.
    You guys are young and tough-you'll be back there with a vengance!
    As everyone has said extremely lucky and good on you to fight back. Later

So the tent for sale by Brambles in the EE is not a good deal then? I'm glad to hear you're both OK and only (relatively) minor injuries. I'm sure it will take some time to recover - more so mentally I would think.
    Pretend hunter.

So glad you guys are alright, I bought and used a electric fence for our wall tent adventures, trust that that will buy us some time if a griss comes to close..never know.