Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ptarmigan hunt.. maybe

Re: ptarmigan hunt.. maybe

I believe if an official says you can, an it turns out that you can't, it's called "a mistake of fact", and it can be used as a defence in a court of law.

. . .just sayin'

have you eaten any of these ptarmigan? I shot a bunch one winter east of Prince George and they tasted like pine sap and ass. was not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Amphibious View Post
    have you eaten any of these ptarmigan? I shot a bunch one winter east of Prince George and they tasted like pine sap and ass. was not impressed.
    I guess that pretty well sums them up, but having never tasted ass, I cannot attest to that.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Not sure about the Koots but when I hunted Ptarmigan in the Cassiar Country the best time was around the end of Aug. when the birds had started to flock up. Put the dog down and watch the fun they break into smaller groups flying about 200yds then get at them again. You can chase them all afternoon in a small area and pick your shots let the dog have fun and get some serious training done.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Check out the "Know before you go section" in the website for Stagleap it states that "Hunting is not allowed in Stagleap park." I wanted to hunt up there for rabbits last year so I checked it out. Great place to snowshoe though, has to be one of my favourite places to head to in the winter. Wanted to go snowshoeing on the full moon last year but it just didn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Amphibious View Post
    Never eaten pine sap or ass but the ones I got up north in Aug. were very tasty crops full of berries.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

This is great! I never knew you could hunt in approved BC parks! I have been watching a massive whitey for years! The BC Parks website says its open so thats perfect! I dont think too many people know that so thanks for the info.
    " Size doesn't matter 'til the freezer is full!" - Dad

" If you buy a new gun, I get a new kitchen!" - my lovely wife

Sako Finnlight 300 WSM
    Rem 700 CDL 25.06 Rem