Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David's Utah Antelope

Utah's compulsory reporting system

Over the weekend I got two emails from the Utah Fish and Game department requesting my hunt report on the elk and antelope tag.

It's similar to our's here in BC but available on-line. I had to enter my hunter number, tag number and them there was about 20 questions to answer for each specie.

They needed to know antler or horn sizes on both sides including the number of points and width and circumference. The exact hunt dates and kill dates and days spent hunting were required.

They also wanted to know the number of male animals seen and whether any animals were wounded and not recovered.

Lastly, if you didn't complete the form within the thirty days you were charged $50 for a late fee and if you still didn't fill it out, you were ineligible for bonus points and unable to apply for limited tags in the years ahead.

The tooth program was voluntary and didn't affect me as I didn't take an elk and the antelope doesn't have a tooth program.

I suspect that they have a near 100% compliance rate with restrictions like that.

I've hunted lions there before a couple times but they don't seem to monitor it the same way.
    WSSoBC Monarch Gold
    WSF Summit
    Grand Slam #1810
    GOABC Life
    SCI Life
    WSF CA Life
    WSF MT Life
    RMGA Life

Re: David's Utah Antelope

Still Waiting on the northern thing dave ?????????????where oh where??
    And That Is That

Re: David's Utah Antelope

I was coming back from a Montana Pheasant trip on Saturday and just outside the Cagary city limits saw a monster pronghorn.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess