Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Random picture thread

Re: Random picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by vanislehunter1 View Post
    Unless those deer were taken in the early season, I think someone may be filling you with BS. I was there just about every Saturday during the rut. All of those times we were alone except for while I was hiking, a person drove by and went up to the fork in the road just past the big hill. They actually were road hunters and I hiked in 12 inches of wet snow for about 7 km that day and only saw tracks. They, however, shot a dinky little buck which I had heard the shot ring out in the morning and we then later found a gut bag. Oh well...no sense complaining about it...
    Well, I know two of the guys and they both got good bucks out of there. The one 5x5 was taken in the last block on the left side of the valley, the one with the blowdown on the road. The other 4x4 was taken off the first road on your left as you come into the valley, the one deactivated. He was with another good buck and some does. Both were taken in mid November.(Not sure which day though) They were one ones who told me about the other deer.

Like I said I hunted it quite hard last year, but ran into way too many hunters. I was up there about 10 times and once Nov rolled around, it was busy. I was walking timber and running into guys. There is a few good deer in here and lots of does, but it is getting so grown up, it is getting tough to see. Might have to go check it out again next year.....

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Well, I know two of the guys and they both got good bucks out of there. The one 5x5 was taken in the last block on the left side of the valley, the one with the blowdown on the road. The other 4x4 was taken off the first road on your left as you come into the valley, the one deactivated. He was with another good buck and some does. Both were taken in mid November.(Not sure which day though) They were one ones who told me about the other deer.

Like I said I hunted it quite hard last year, but ran into way too many hunters. I was up there about 10 times and once Nov rolled around, it was busy. I was walking timber and running into guys. There is a few good deer in here and lots of does, but it is getting so grown up, it is getting tough to see. Might have to go check it out again next year.....

Cheers

SS
    That's interesting; maybe he shot it on a Sunday as I usually can't get out on Sundays. Tri-X is (or was) in there road building for Western. Maybe that's why there wasn't many hunters in there. I think Western is going to start logging in there next year so there will be quite a few less hunters, but more traffic.

Last year there definitely was WAY more road hunters in there than there usually is. There is still at least half a dozen good bucks in the surrounding area, judging by the frequency of big tracks. I'll be hunting there more often I know that for sure...
    "What doesn't break you, makes you."

Wow! awesome pictures! thanks for those.