Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heading for the marsh

Thumbs up Re: Heading for the marsh

Right on Marc,that is what it is all about...happy dogs,happy and wet hunters,andafew ducks in the clutch. I am waiting for the freeze up,if not will try on the last day. I saw some guys with 2 Robos last time,looked pretty cool...
    Blacktailaholic

Re: Heading for the marsh

Hey Marc,
    Nice spread of ducks I see Margansers all the time, but never shot them... did not think you could kill them. How do they taste? My dad, Michel and I got 9 Wigeon today, not as many ducks flying today but still good a day. SLYFOX

well Marc looks like you have a good dog and hunting partner, i only hope my gsps do good this year for upland birds. cant train until i get another grouse training dummy, as some nice honest person took it from the box of my truck. at $45.00 each you can see why.

Quote Originally Posted by slyfox
    Hey Marc,
    Nice spread of ducks I see Margansers all the time, but never shot them... did not think you could kill them. How do they taste? My dad, Michel and I got 9 Wigeon today, not as many ducks flying today but still good a day. SLYFOX
    As far as I know you're allowed to shoot them. It's considered a duck and I don't see any restrictions on them. Might be a good idea to contact a CO before you start shooting them to make sure. I'd prefer a widgeon to a merganser any day.

Back east you were allowed a daily limit of 10

They are very fishy tasting they feed on fish. I don't usually shoot them anymore this one was misidentified or I wouldn't have pulled the trigger. This guy was flying with a bunch of buffleheads and golden eyes and got mistaken. He'll be used for training purposes only with the young dog.
    If the dog will retrieve a merganser he'll retrieve anything

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Thumbs up Re: Heading for the marsh

Thanks for the info, I'll find out if there is a season on them, and maybe shoot one and buy some tartar sauce and lemon to go with them...haven't had fish and chips in a while!!