Thread: N.Z. taxidermy...

N.Z. taxidermy...

I am going on a hunt to New Zealand in April 2010 and hope to bring back a red stag and a tahr. Can someone recommend a taxidermist in B.C. who has experience mounting animals from New Zealand and does real quality work? Any tips would be appreciated...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: N.Z. taxidermy...

I will see how mainland hunters work is. 2 of us got our stags and tarhs in Ray's shop and 2 buddies have thiers at ganders. The Tarhs will be the real hard ones, to get a flaggin mane's. I trust and hope Ray will shine on this one, and if he does, he will be getting a lot more of my bussiness. I am off to the dark continent for 17 days, so if he pulls this off, he should get some more work soon.

Rick Gander is the best for exotic animals.... hands down..... just go in and have a look if you can swing it....
    moose are for people too lazy to hunt elk

I've taken stuff to Gander as of late. They alwaays produce.

Gander is great. I have some work and an ex boss has one of the nicest trophy rooms I've seen and all mounts were done by Gander.

Take it to Frank Gilbert (Fur and Feathers) in Surrey if you want great work. He does all my work. Gander is so so. And yes I've looked at a pile of his work. Frank has re mounted a number of Gander mounts.

He currently has a 1/2 life sized Tahr, Transcaspian Urial ,Persian Ibex, Warthog and a Blesbok on the go. (I was there 2 hours ago) He's done a lot of Tahr and Red Stag.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009