Thread: Waterfowling camo

Waterfowling camo

Just wondering how many of you guys use your "land" hunting camo (i.e. break up, realtree, etc.) for waterfowling or do you use shadow grass, Max-4, etc.. I was just wanting to know if it makes a big difference.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Waterfowling camo

It all depends on where your hunting. I like to use shadow grass for the salt water marsh and use the avdantage for the cat tails on fresh water. It's amazing how well ducks can pick something that doesn't look right. The biggest thing is movement. It doesn't matter what your wearing, if you move they're going to see you. Face cover is very important for duck hunting. 9 out of 10 times it's your face, head movement that gives you away.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Talking Re: Waterfowling camo

Mossy Oak Shadow Grass is really awesome
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Thanks for the info guys. I'm trying to decide if I should invest in another set of camo or not. Any shops on the mainland there have a good selection of waterfowl gear?

I use my German Flecktar for everything, just because I can't afford any more hunting gear at the moment. It's a bit dark and not "marshy" at all, but it's all I've got.

For big game hunting it's awesome though, in any terrain, spring or fall.