Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Klappan Road Update

Re: Klappan Road Update

If by denying access with road closures for Resident Hunters also effects a road to a Provincial Park. Should not our Government be some what concerned? Are Park authorities allowed in?
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to'The Canadian Government ' for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

That's not ok sassy this threads only for the road, if it's open or not, and you tricked me so I change it, no more tricks sas stick with the plan..
    jel
    Last edited by Jelvis; 02-11-2010 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    That's why there are Federal laws in Canadian Constitution, and B.C. laws under the Wild Life Act, and also BC Attorney General all in the mix with the concern to keep their own laws they legislated first and foremost, and work together for clarity and co-operation for a common law, to impose and regulate and enforce under their authority and jurisdiction.
    It's not like cooking up hash brown taters and bacon and eggs with some hot coffee by the pot belly stove, this stuff is high level on a needs to know basis in many rooms and houses and courts.
    Jelly saweet breads .. lol .. Tennis anyone? ..
    Sounds like a real ''Mulligan'' to me.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to'The Canadian Government ' for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

I have a simple question: If the said roadblock on the klappan, not withstanding the Hunter situation ALSO denies access to a Provincial Park. Is not said roadblock in violation under the Law?

Quote Originally Posted by safarichris View Post
    I have a simple question: If the said roadblock on the klappan, not withstanding the Hunter situation ALSO denies access to a Provincial Park. Is not said roadblock in violation under the Law?
    The road block blocks crown land, that right there is a violation under law. FN seem to be above the law??????
    Wish we had a leader with some balls to stop the BS!!!!
    Id like to see the military brought in, and give them about 5 seconds to start packing up for home!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

Chris -

That's an interesting question. There was a short notice on BC Parks website some time ago about the blockades, but has since been removed.

I believe Park staff were not denied access.

Luck permitting, I'll be on the Klappan in May hunting bears, and will try to get a 'feel' for the situation to see what might happen for the fall moose hunters. Also will be speaking to some members of the Iskut band in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by BromBones View Post
    Chris -

That's an interesting question. There was a short notice on BC Parks website some time ago about the blockades, but has since been removed.

I believe Park staff were not denied access.

Luck permitting, I'll be on the Klappan in May hunting bears, and will try to get a 'feel' for the situation to see what might happen for the fall moose hunters. Also will be speaking to some members of the Iskut band in the coming weeks.
    Would not a formal letter from every Organization, Society and Club that the inventive mind of man can think of, stating that Canadians are now also being denied access to crown Land and a provincial Park by this road closure, pull some weight?

Quote Originally Posted by BromBones View Post

Someone on this site mentioned that the road was "dug up". let me know what you find out. Im just glad that I get my priority back for my wasted 2009 tag
    A man does not choose the momment, the momment chooses the man!

Quote Originally Posted by safarichris View Post
    Would not a formal letter from every Organization, Society and Club that the inventive mind of man can think of, stating that Canadians are now also being denied access to crown Land and a provincial Park by this road closure, pull some weight?
    Chris, I believe that there are already quite a few letters out there, so far not doing much good. BTW-welcome back. Mike
    A man does not choose the momment, the momment chooses the man!

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Someone on this site mentioned that the road was "dug up". let me know what you find out. Im just glad that I get my priority back for my wasted 2009 tag
    I can't see it being trenched - the natives use that road frequently. Also, access for that mine site (name escapes me right now) on the north slope of Todagin is at 6km on the Ealue road, and those guys should be busy so I doubt it's ditched.

Dug up or not, wont matter for me, I'll be walking in

I will be sure to let everyone know anything I find out on the Klappan.