Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Klappan Road Update

Re: Klappan Road Update

Tell em you better not have reduced odds next leh go around either.
    Train hard....hunt easy

I wonder how they are stopping any G/O from flying in and taking foreign clients into hunt. I think on the last thread for this someone had said that one of the elders owned the G/O in the area. Are they being held out in the name of conservation? I would like to think so.

Now on the flip side is there any form on controls from the local MOE's to make sure there is no over harvesting. I mean there is now a road block stopping all hunters other than who they deem fit from going in there. Whats stopping the more over zealous from reaping the rewards of a less pressured area.

This is an UPDATE THREAD I you want to comment please go to the other thread! (and on your way out please delete past replys)
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Quote Originally Posted by lip_ripper00 View Post
    This is an UPDATE THREAD I you want to comment please go to the other thread! (and on your way out please delete past replys)

I was looking for an update. As to whether there is any checks in place to control the situation.

Also the other thread is locked as of now. Was not trying to stir it up. I thought my questions are valid and have not been derogitory in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    I was looking for an update. As to whether there is any checks in place to control the situation.

Also the other thread is locked as of now. Was not trying to stir it up. I thought my questions are valid and have not been derogitory in any way.

not you directly
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...367#post519367
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

We were on the Kapplan river road tuesday and although we spoke to natives at the gate, we left in the night and there was no one at the gate as it was unmanned. We never got that notice so they were sloppy in distributing them for sure.

Any more news for hunters heading in tot he area?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

friends just got back from there there letting ppl out but nothing in so if you were in you could get out and did not have to leave right away but no way is any one getting in

kk
    I've hunted almost everday of my life the rest has been wasted

Just a note to clarify the "issue".

Rick MacLean, "Tahltan Chief" quoted in the article, also happens (ironically) to be the guide-outfitter for the area around Dease Lake. Guess the non-resident hunter's harvest is not so much of a concern, only the resident's.

Sorry Gatehouse. Just thought everyone should know what's what in the buckwheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post

I will be asking MOE Hon.Barry Penner for my LEH Authorization Money back as well as my Grizzly tag which was already purchased for the area.
    Mik
    A small victory for all hunters affected by the Klappan road closure,

As promised, here is the response from MOE regarding my LEH Authorizations;

Hi Mike.

Sorry for the delay while a decision was being discussed. We are sending a letter today to each person who won a draw in the affected area last year. Enclosed with the letter will be a blank LEH application for each hunt they were successful for (as many as 3). We will also be ensuring that successful applicants’ odds are not reduced in 2010 and subsequently for the species you were successful for.

We are not refunding licence or travel costs, neither are we guaranteeing the same draw for folks in 2010 as this would be contrary to regulation and policy.

I am afraid I am not the person to discuss the legal issues. I realise that this is not exactly what you were asking for but I hope you recognise that it’s the extent of what we’re able to do.

Regards,

Chris

Chris Addison, RP Bio
    Biometrician, Fish and Wildlife Branch
    Christopher.Addison@gov.bc.ca