Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Klappan Road Update

Re: Klappan Road Update

Eviction Letters were given to the resident hunters today, whilst I have not read the content, I understand that all resident hunters are to vacate the Railway Grade and the Access Road by 6pm tomorrow or the gate that has been constructed to blockade the road will be locked and no one will be permitted to leave. These are the facts as I know them.

Has Anyone asked for the RCMP's help in getting access? Just curious what their response would be, (I do believe though its out of their hands though), as was Gustafsen Lake. Nobody will intervene with this! Not the rcmp not the prov. or fed govt, and if any "outsider" tries to, it will be there fault for interfering. .
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Why are we not allowed to discuss "the native history in BC"? or ""the political nature of roadblocks"? Kinda seems important doesnt it? Especially the latter. Why not send me a list of the books I can read. Why not just ban people who are being rude or stupid? I see no reason why this has to be censored. Guess im banned now eh!?

If you want to discuss that stuff go start another thread.

A member is heading to the area and wants information, which is why this thread is here. It is not here for any political discussion, as said before. It's pretty simple, really.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Great link.
    Thanks for the Link.

I have formally received a copy of the letter that has been passed out to the resident hunters in the Klappan area it is as follows:

TAHLTAN WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT NOTICE

TO ALL BC RESIDENT HUNTERS

September 22, 2009

KLAPPAN ROAD & ADJACENT AREA CLOSURE NOTICE

On behalf of the Tahltan Nation we are putting you on notice; you have until September 24th, 2009 at 6:00 pm to leave the Klappan grade area. If you idnore this notice you will be locked in. This notice applies to all road and river users. If you have any concerns, take them to the Provincial regulators or your Provincial elected representative.

This notice is related to the desire expressed by Tahltan people to ensure that wildlife populations are maintained at sufficient abundance levels to provide for the subsistence and cultural needs of the Tahltan people. At the same time, local non-native residents also have an interest in healthy and abundant wildlife.

Tahltan people have witnessed declines in moose and caribou populations in recent decades and especially in the last few years and have attempted many times to have discussions with Provincial regulators. In particular, talks focusing on solutions to active wildlife management and hunting opportunities have been ignored by the Province. Tahltan feel that if management action is not taken. moose and caribou populations may decline to such low densities that it will require years of intensive management to regain former populations levels.

Your feedback is valuable to the Province and can be registered at the Report All Poachers and Polluters website: http/www.env.gov.bc.ca/cos/rapp/form.htm. Alternatively, you could bring your concerns to your duly elected Provincial MLA or to the Cabinet.

Thank you for your consideration in this difficult period during the lack of wildlife management.

Thanks for the update Teena. I personally spoke to a representative that is directly involved with the blockade and it was told to me," Sorry to have to do this, we cannot allow access to you" also mentioned was the fact that even FN People from other areas are calling to get access and the reply was the same. Until the Provincial Government steps in to put "restrictions on the 3 month open season" the "gate will be closed" and no-one will be allowed in or out.

Thanks to all those people that helped me with information regarding this "blockade".

We are now "off to explore other area of the province" namely around Ft. Nelson.

I will be asking MOE Hon.Barry Penner for my LEH Authorization Money back as well as my Grizzly tag which was already purchased for the area.
    Mik

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Thanks for the update Teena. I personally spoke to a representative that is directly involved with the blockade and it was told to me," Sorry to have to do this, we cannot allow access to you" also mentioned was the fact that even FN People from other areas are calling to get access and the reply was the same. Until the Provincial Government steps in to put "restrictions on the 3 month open season" the "gate will be closed" and no-one will be allowed in or out.

Thanks to all those people that helped me with information regarding this "blockade".

We are now "off to explore other area of the province" namely around Ft. Nelson.

I will be asking MOE Hon.Barry Penner for my LEH Authorization Money back as well as my Grizzly tag which was already purchased for the area.
    Mik
    That's really crappy I hope you guys still have a good trip though. At least you get to see new country.

You should get a refund on those tags its only fair but if I was you I wouldn't hold your breath...

This notice is related to the desire expressed by Tahltan people to ensure that wildlife populations are maintained at sufficient abundance levels to provide for the subsistence and cultural needs of the Tahltan people. At the same time, local non-native residents also have an interest in healthy and abundant wildlife.
    Does this mean I can shut down the area to all other hunters (white or native)that I like to hunt in?

They should should have read twice and thought about what they saying.

Un FN Beleivable

Quote Originally Posted by mcrae555 View Post
    That's really crappy I hope you guys still have a good trip though. At least you get to see new country.

You should get a refund on those tags its only fair but if I was you I wouldn't hold your breath...
    X2
    Or maybe award you a spring Grizz and a new tag?.
    " You know you're in Goat country when it takes both arms
    and legs to climb and you can spit down on sheep". Patrick Stephens

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Extra points to whomever can post the best pic of Christys boobs!
    "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir