Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rabbit?

Re: Rabbit?

If you want to taste it just plain Jane then try this. Pressure cooker ( small one) 1 Onion chopped, 4 cloves garlic, and a little moisture....water , apple juice. whatever you like 8 minutes later voila. this is how we do the first one every year, then after that all these recipes will work too. Stew, soup, southern fried, roasted etc. If you can do it to chicken , wabbits work too.
    Tim

ditto the pressure cooker comments. Also, they will be MUCH more tender eating if you give them 24 hours in the fridge for the rigormortis to get out of the meat.
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

Had rabbitt deep fryed in camp once, tasted pretty good, but missing something, maybe a little bland, but not bad at all though. Certainly willing to try it again

Thumbs up Re: Rabbit?

When making Rabbit, one has to make sure not to get "hare" in it and too much can make you jumpy.

but rabbit is really good, I have not had it for a long time.
    Guess I should go out for some.

the best rabbit I ever had was backed in a pie.

Bow Walker Guest

I've been wanting to try a Hunter's Stew with rabbit, squirrel, and grouse. Just can't get all the ingredients together at any one time.

I've also heard it said that rabbit - by itself - has no nutrition whatever. Anyone know for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    I've been wanting to try a Hunter's Stew with rabbit, squirrel, and grouse. Just can't get all the ingredients together at any one time.

I've also heard it said that rabbit - by itself - has no nutrition whatever. Anyone know for sure?
    Bow Walker, i have been told the same thing about rabbitts not having nutrition.Maybe somebody here can answer that question.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

http://www.gunnersden.com/index.htm....ion-value.html

anybody interested in nutrition values of game meat can try this link, sorry for the hi-jack but i thought it would help answer the rabbit question.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

order a cookbook from marc - recipes for rabbit in the book as many other wonderful delectable delights

A Real Southern Canadian Beaver &
    I am Proud to be 100% Canadian "Y'ALL"
    + 110% Redneck Woman "Yehaww"

redneck wedding vow: til huntin season do we part
    watch Alison's Kitchen on "Nice Fish Pro Staff" with Gary Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post

Actually, that's not the case. I just read recently that the protein in rabbit is totally assimilated through digestion by humans, this is not the case with other meats. I'll try to find the article.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"