Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My grouse!!

Re: My grouse!!

Well just got in, saw 2 grouse but didnt take anyshots at them. One was hiding in some bush that was too dense to shoot at, the other flew off just as we got outta the truck. Oh well, still got two in the freezer.Johnes50: the elk we saw were on the Youbou main line, the main road that takes you up to Shaw, McKay and Cottonwood.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Good way to spend the last day of the year.Been up McKay, Shaw area a few times, but haven't been lucky enough to see any elk. Didn't know that elk came that close to the lake, I'll have to go have a look more often. Saw a cougar on McKay once.You live in a nice spot. Enjoy your chickens.

The first time i went out we saw a heard of elk away up Cottonwood almost in Nanaimo, amazing were you can go on these logging roads. Its pretty cool seeing the elk like 10 feet away from you, good thing they weren't bulls.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstix
    I know I kow! They also say stuff like Nip it in the "Butt", instead of "Bud". "Butt" Naked, instead of "Buck". The others will come to me
    I heared a rumour that these kids have made up an internet game called "Confuse a Fart". I an not sure if you are old enough to qualify as a subject of abuse, But I am! Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

I personally don't think 40 is old enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

Just thought I'd add that I've seen ptarmigan on the Island as well. Top of the mountains...and no they were not ruffed aka willow grouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager
    Just thought I'd add that I've seen ptarmigan on the Island as well. Top of the mountains...and no they were not ruffed aka willow grouse.
    Do they taste the same as grouse or is it completely different?
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think I have seen ptarmigan also, were they white with a bit of black speckling?

I haven't seen an ptarmigan but we have lots of pheasants up here in South Nanaimo. As the others have said they are smart buggars and stay to the edges of the farmers fields. In the early morning on the way to work a couple of times I have gotten out of my truck and walked right up to them. I just about grabbed em with my hands right on the side of the road. The ones in this area seem quite tame.

has any one alse been wondering where all the grouse have whent????
    i havent seen very many and the ones i have seen are gone befor i could shoot.
    so i never got a one all year
    talk to ya all later
    Riley