Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My grouse!!

My grouse!!

Well it is the second last day before grouse season ends, and today I shot a big willow! The chicken was standing right in the middle of the road. Im going back out tomorrow to try the other side of the lake. We must have seen 100 + elk out there.

Sry I didnt have a camra, ill try to remember to bring one when we go out tomorrow.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Site Sponsor

Re: My grouse!!

Congrats on finding a grouse stupid enough to stand on the logging roads this late in the season. I figured by now all the stupid ones would have been shot up. I supose there isn't to many people in the woods disturbing them this time of the year and are probably getting brave again.

My question is they fill their crop with pebbles in the summer from the roads, what do they use in the winter when the ground is covered with snow?

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Good work on getting the grouse. That is a good question marc? I saw 4 or 5 grouse while out on my a.t.v. on boxing day, might be worth going out for a year end hunt tomorrow!!

Same stuff as in the summer, well atleast this one had the same stuff in its stomach.

Yeah this one was pretty stupid, we where doing 60km on the road and my friend comes to a sudden stop, then i tried to to fit a 20 gauge shell into my shotgun. Pretty stupid for just sitting, it only turned the stupid thing.
    Last edited by CanAm500; 12-30-2005 at 09:17 PM.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I know hunting can be exciting but you've got to stay safe. Always wait till you've stoped and gotten out of the vehicle before you load your shotgun. Not only is this a safety concern it's against the law to load your gun inside a vehicle or to carry a loaded gun in your vehicle.

You'll learn all of this on your C.O.R.E. course. Your friend who was with you at the time driving who should of had the C.O.R.E. course already should have told you that. If you had been stoped or seen by a CO your buddy could have lost his vehicle and anything inside of it including your gun.

Marc.
    Last edited by Marc; 12-30-2005 at 07:08 PM.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

baller becareful what you say on here, there are a few cos that read some of this. i met one a month ago and he was talking about it and asked me if there were any other places like this one.

Marc, in the winter the grouse get the gravel joff the raods just after the sand truck goes by. I see this every year while Ptarmigin hunting.

I was outside, sry ment to say that he stopped and then i jumped out...lol im still going over it in my head of how fast we stoped and i bailed.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulkley Bruiser
    Marc, in the winter the grouse get the gravel joff the raods just after the sand truck goes by. I see this every year while Ptarmigin hunting.
    lol the eat anything that is round.... rocks, gravel, barries, etc
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What kinda of grouse are on the island? I know there is willow and blue grouse, but is there any others?
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ