Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My duckboat

Re: My duckboat

Materials list and cost please. It looks pretty darn good. Would be a nice moose blind on a lake or a river too.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Ok Northern Flight blind by Cabelas.It comes in many variations i bought the basic frame which came with a black netting as well.Under the Cabelas praire grass is 2 camo systems 10x20 mossy oak duckblind nettings love that stuff as it is leafy cut netting adds texture and you can stick lots of natural vegetation into it.Dog ladder by Edge Expedite also bought from cabelas.The trick is to by the stuff when it is on sale and it goes on sale often.
    Frame $120.00 wicked sale price
    Camo systems netting $80.00 each can be had on sale for 1/2 price
    Dog ladder $130.00 can be found cheaper on Ebay but was hard to find some in stock.
    Shipping for this stuff is not cheap as the frame is a bulky item i had it shipped to Sumas for $75.00 i think.
    You can easily make one of these with PVC or Conduit.This site has a ton of info in there Boat blind and gadget forum just search boat blind
    http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/f...splay.php?f=10
    I like the cabelas because of the way the blind clamps on the boat easy on and off and it can be used as a ground blind.Folds down flat for transport.I did some bending mods to the frame to get it to work with my short shaft motor and the clamps were altered slightly to work on my Gunnels i can get more pics of that stuff.

IMG]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii159/Ramcam-Photos/BlindBuild003-1.jpg[/IMG]
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

So...how is it working out for you?

I haven't tried it yet got back from Montana and i am swamped at work.Hopefully soon.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

So update on the boat????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

I have been out in it once and i had some success.Birds were not decoying that well but i did get birds to come in.Very nice to be able to move with the wind conditions and the boat is a stable platform.
    I was by myself so i didn't get any pics out in the marsh.I think it is gonna work out well.
    BCWF
    CCFR

- Everett Ruess

Nice glad to hear its working so far, now you gotta put it too the test

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

hows the boat working out?
    "you know there are a lot of mountain bikers in the area" she looked at me weird when I said back to her " Thats fine, I'm not hunting mountain bikers today" Brambles

Looks interesting I'm curious how it handles with 2 guys , big enough but the swing room??

Yes you can have 2 guys plenty of room one dog two may get a bit hectic.I haven't used it much as i get invited to hunt a permanant blind often.But the season s not over yet.This boat is a wide and deep 14 ft with a 25 horse motor.
    BCWF
    CCFR

- Everett Ruess