Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My duckboat

My duckboat

Well this year is going to be fun as i have my boat all set up as a blind i think it is going to work well here are some pics

BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

2. Site Sponsor

Re: My duckboat

thats gonna be pretty hard to paddle.

Great cover! Gonna get some "what the heck is that?" looks trailering it down the road.

Nice job ..................the only thing I miss about Ladner is the bird hunting ( 20 years ago ) !!

It folds down for transport.It is quite the blind it has clamps and comes of the boat quick and you can use it on shore as well .
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

looks awesome!
    nice job!

That should be a very effective rig in almost any river/marsh setting---could you give us a list of the various components, cost, and where you got them.

Is the idea with those that it closes completely and then springs open when you stand up to "take 'em", or is it fixed? I might have time and money to build a boat for next year, and am starting to daydream about ways to customise it to take something similar to this... And me being me, I'd prefer to build it myself rather than send a thousand bucks to Cabelas

Hi Rudar it does not close completely but it has adjustments to change the opening width and height somewhat in the field.You can drop the front down flat if you have two guys working it when ducks are cupped and deked.It does not spring open you have to pull a couple of pins to drop it.I am going to try it set with a bit of camo on the opening so they can,t see me if they circle to land,then stand up and have at er.
    BCWF
    CCFR

- Everett Ruess

x2

nice looking rig.

Quote Originally Posted by ferndogger View Post
    thats gonna be pretty hard to paddle.
    "you know there are a lot of mountain bikers in the area" she looked at me weird when I said back to her " Thats fine, I'm not hunting mountain bikers today" Brambles