Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9.9 hp oil injection outboard motor

9.9 hp oil injection outboard motor

Hi There I have a question needs you guys help,I just bought a used 2 stoke suzuki 9.9 hp oil injection outboard motor (my old one has dead ),The problem is I still have 20 litters mixed gas lefted and the suzuki one is oil injection it means I don't have to premix it myself. the point is Can I just used the mixed gas( left the oil tank empty, NO 2 stoke oil in it) so it won't mix by itself,will it works ? or will it harm for the 2 stoke oil pump because No oil for it to pump,anyone has the experience like this ?any help would be appreciated,thanks a lot !!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 9.9 hp oil injection outboard motor

Phone call to boat motor shop would give you an answer.......be a shame to get bad advice on a chat site and end up with a second pooched engine.

Quote Originally Posted by city hunter View Post
    Hi There I have a question needs you guys help,I just bought a used 2 stoke suzuki 9.9 hp oil injection outboard motor (my old one has dead ),The problem is I still have 20 litters mixed gas lefted and the suzuki one is oil injection it means I don't have to premix it myself. the point is Can I just used the mixed gas( left the oil tank empty, NO 2 stoke oil in it) so it won't mix by itself,will it works ? or will it harm for the 2 stoke oil pump because No oil for it to pump,anyone has the experience like this ?any help would be appreciated,thanks a lot !!!

do not run the oil pump dry, If it was me I would dump the mixed fuel in to my car and add 20ltrs of freah gas on top, and start fresh with the outboard
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Quote Originally Posted by lip_ripper00 View Post
    do not run the oil pump dry, If it was me I would dump the mixed fuel in to my car and add 20ltrs of freah gas on top, and start fresh with the outboard
    You mean I can use 20 litters of mixed fuel for my car ??? is there any problem with mixed fuel and pure fuel together ? if it works that would be great for me.thanks!!!

you can put the pre-mix in your car if you "water" it down with more gas. Do it when your tank is almost empty then, fill er up . You should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by city hunter View Post
    You mean I can use 20 litters of mixed fuel for my car ??? is there any problem with mixed fuel and pure fuel together ? if it works that would be great for me.thanks!!!
    Don't do it - unless you like buying expensive catalytic converters and oxygen sensors! - you would be better off running it in your outboard WITH oil in the injection tank - a little smokey but will cause no damage - top it up with as much straight gas as you can fit and your good to go - just don't idle all day without opening it up a little. This is the break-in procedure for a new oil-injected engine anyway. But don't run it in a car unless it's old enough to have a carb and no cat.
    Pretend hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by landphil View Post
    Don't do it - unless you like buying expensive catalytic converters and oxygen sensors! - you would be better off running it in your outboard WITH oil in the injection tank - a little smokey but will cause no damage - top it up with as much straight gas as you can fit and your good to go - just don't idle all day without opening it up a little. This is the break-in procedure for a new oil-injected engine anyway. But don't run it in a car unless it's old enough to have a carb and no cat.
    I got it,thanks alot!!!

Need Help...I put the whole bottle of 2 stoke oil into internal tank of motor and used the pure gasoline,when I pulled to start , it's running for 4 second and stop right away,No matter how hard I try to pulled,it wasn't start again,So I drained out all of 2 stoke oil from internal oil tank and hooked up with premixed fuel(I used it before ) then it started again....I don't understand what the hell of oil injection meants ? should be just pure gasoline and put 2 stoke oil into the interal oil tank of motor then it'll mix by itself but when I did,it didn't work,Now I am using the premixed fuel and left the internal 2 stoke oil tank empty and dry pump,anyone can help me ????,what should I do Now,thanks a lot.
    Last edited by city hunter; 09-18-2009 at 11:14 PM.

Any help pls......

Well I just talked to the top mechanic (my dad) and we have gathered up some info for you. From what I understand you have two tanks, one for oil and one for gas (89 octane is best).

If you can only run with your premix, your pump is not running or it's most likely plugged. TAKE IT APART and CLEAN everything. Best solvent to use is pure gas even in the oil passages. Make sure all passages are clear of obstructions and clean out the carb. While you're doing this, change the spark plugs (use only the plugs specified for that motor), you most likely are a 2 cylinder considering you're a 9.9hp.

The reason why you don't run when you use the oil injection system, is because you have no oil pumping in the engine (pump not running or some where is plugged from sitting oil over long periods of improper storage).

Any time you store a outboard, all tanks should be empty, and the remaining oil and gas mix in the carb lined should be used up. (empty tank(s) and fire up motor to burn any excess mix).

Hopefully this helps you out.

Longshot jr.
    Last edited by longshot; 09-19-2009 at 04:46 PM.