Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scope

Scope

I was wondering what other scope measurments are good, currently i have 3x9x40.

Im looking at possibly buying the bushnel dusk to dawn scope.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Scope

depends on what kind of shooting you're doing

on a 270 or 30-06, a straight fixed 4x33 is not a bad choice for huning.

the 3-9x40mm is a very versatile scope for hunting and shooting paper
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Firebird is 100% correct...depends on what you want to do with it...what you want to put it on and the biggy how much you want to spend...

Spend the extra $30 and get a Bushnell Trophy $119 at Wholesale. A much better scope IMO. I was comparing them and I found Trophy had better clarity.
    NO HEART NO MERCY
    ONE SHOT ONE KILL

Fixed power is fine, but I find that there's not much difference between a fixed power scope an equivalent variable. The 3-9x40 usually offers the most bang for the buck, at any price range.

The only Bushnells worth considering are the elite 3200 and 4200 series. When a Fognell messes up a hunt, you'll wish you would have spent a little more money.

Yes I want to mount it o my 270 win. I want to be able to hunt deer, and possibly elk or moose. I want keep the price range under $200.

So the good ones are bushnel 3200 and 4200 series, and the bushnel Trophy. But are these all 3-9x40?
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have a Trophy on one of my guns and and there is no way that its clearier then the Dawn to Dusk and also the Dawn to Dusk has never once fogged on me either even in the worst weather never fogged , If you want a real good scope maby look into something used like a older Leupy gold ring 3X9(my all time fav scope I have on my 7MM) are a Elite 3200 , 3x9's are good due to if you walk the bush you can turn the power down , but if are sitting watching a slash turn the power up , It's all on what feels good to you'r eyes and such , all Bushnell ,leupold,Burris and such are good brands so just shop around.

I was looking around and I think I am going to buy a Bushnell Dusk and Dawn either in 3-9x40 or 4-12x40.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by lcpaintballer
    I was looking around and I think I am going to buy a Bushnell Dusk and Dawn either in 3-9x40 or 4-12x40.
    40mm at 12x gives you only 3.3mm of exit pupil, which is getting a bit too small for low light, 3-9 might be better overall, and I think it costs a little less.