Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reg 8 Upland Hunters?

Reg 8 Upland Hunters?

New to the Okanagan and looking for upland hunters to team up/tag along with. got out a few times last fall in the Oyama/winfeild area late last fall with limited success, few quail and ruffies. Prefer to hunt on foot with shotgun, currently dogless though.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Reg 8 Upland Hunters?

Im in Kelowna, new to game birds but would like to get out a bunch this year.

pm comming your way Amphib. ..
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

It's my first season, but hunting game birds sounds awesome! any ideas as to where to go around here? (I'm from kelowna too)

Seems to be a few of us in the Kelowna area that want to do some upland hunting. Maybe we should try to set up a little group hunt? Any interest fellows? Post here or PM me. Im in.

Smile Re: Reg 8 Upland Hunters?

I am hunting around the Bear lake and postill lake area. I havent seen to meny on the roads but I hunt back in the open aspen groves and it has been good so far. Iguess the difference for me is a Springer Spanial and an American Cocker that both love to hunt! They do keep you on your toes when you are out. Seems the quail population is good this year as well,they do look good on a bed of rice.

I spent last fall banging on doors looking for land to hunt quail and pheasant, but received cold receptions. never seem to see them on public lands

My pheasant land is gone but let me tell you about a spot the quail are now they have moved up the valley.........................................sor ry but this place is to good! What about chuckers in Kamloops?

never hunted Chuckar, but have room for one in my pickup and always up for a roadtrip. went for a walk above Winfield this evening, saw 2 ruffies and a hare, took home one ruff...

I tried to make the pic all PGK-esque, he is my hero after all The first bird with my new BPS 20ga Upland Special

Last edited by Amphibious; 09-16-2009 at 08:19 PM.

Dude I love you.