Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Hunting British Columbia

Re: Welcome to Hunting British Columbia

Welcome blackdog and better luck with hunting this year.

Bow Walker Guest

Welcome aboard BD. Love the fresh meat of a newbee!

BTW - you are aware (of course) of the "newbies must post a joke" rule that is physically enforced by HBC's mini-mod aren't you? Don't get Mr. Dean P.O.'d at you.

Looking forward to stories of the hunt/pursuit and pics, of course.

welcome welcome welcome - a joke is must or Mr.Dean will be on the prowl after ya. This is a great site - post away - always great to hear new experiences and dreams of harvesting the critters.

oh and all trips hunting or fishing require pics to follow or the HBC'rs become restless and well ya don't want that to happen hehehehehehehehehehe

Ali

A Real Southern Canadian Beaver &
    I am Proud to be 100% Canadian "Y'ALL"
    + 110% Redneck Woman "Yehaww"

redneck wedding vow: til huntin season do we part
    watch Alison's Kitchen on "Nice Fish Pro Staff" with Gary Cooper

Yeah, welcome aboard!

Wolfman
    "didn't want the cabin lookin' like it was built by a boyscout with a dull hatchet."

- Dick Proenneke

Thanks for the welcome!

You guys are a scary bunch. Ok here's a hunting joke:

A hunter gets a scope mounted at the gunsmith. The gunsmith says: you should be able to hit the target at 100 yrds, take a look at my house down the street. The hunter does, and asks: 'is that your wife in the window?' The gunsmith takes the gun and sees his wife undressing in front of the post man in his own living room. 'Here are two cartridges' he says to the hunter.' I want you to shoot my wife in the head, and shoot the postmans dick off.' The hunter takes back the gun, looks through the scope and replies 'I'll only need one.'

hahahha...
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Hi everyone,

I have lurked here for a while and finally decided to join up after reading many great stories.

I started hunting, in rural Quebec, back in 1970 when I was 12. My uncle started me out on an old H&R single shot 12ga. with no recoil pad and a bag of ice for the shoulder.

I came to BC in 1978 and started deer hunting in the Tyaughton creek area near Goldbridge. I saw some fantastic country and we got some nice deer.

I now live in Victoria but still do most of my hunting on the mainland. My hunting partner and I go out each fall for a week or two and pursue moose and deer. Though moose is out for us this fall we are still going for our 4 point mule deer hunt.

I'm looking forward to getting to know a bunch of you here and to sharing stories and tips.

All the best,

Phil

Initiation joke:

Phil and his buddy Pete, were out deer hunting a few weeks ago. After following tracks in the snow all morning, they cant to the realization that they were lost. Phil, being a skilled outdoors man with years of experience, reassured his buddy saying, "Don't worry, Pete. All we got to do is shoot three times into the air, stay where we are, and someone will come and find us."

So Pete shot in the air, three times, they waited, but no one came. After an hour or so, they tried again and still no one came. After deciding to try another time Pete said, "I sure hope it works this time, we only have three arrows left."

Yup, you can tell who's been lurking when the jokes just 'come'...

Welcome fella's!

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

The 'Hummer' Guest

Welcome Phil. There are a lot of great people here with a wide variety experience and knowledge that they are willing to share.

Bow Walker Guest

Welcome Phil - does that mean that either you or Pete are Archers? Lots of deer and bear here on the sland to test your skills/patience/perseverance.