Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Hunting British Columbia

Re: Welcome to Hunting British Columbia

Welcome Jay! Lots of great people on here and an absolute wealth of knowledge.

I look forward to your contributions.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyJay View Post
    Hello all! New member here and recent graduate of the CORE program (which I thoroughly enjoyed!) Been lurking for a while now and looking forward to participating and continuing down this slippery slope!
    Welcome JuicyJay,
    About the only slippery slope here is the one you make. And that will now be how you outfit yourself to go hunting. It has changed from the time I stared in the latter part of the last millennium. Where once you could truck out in your regular every day attire, you will now have to outfit yourself with some camo gear. And then the firearms you will need. A 22, 223 6.5 300wm, 12 ga, 20 ga spotting scope, rifles scopes, reloading tools and supplies and so on.
    By taking the core, you have gained some basic knowledge, now you have to expand upon it. There are two ways. One, go afield and learn on your own. Or two, find a mentor and get the expedited version.
    Again, welcome to the sight.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I never look at this thread ! My mistake as the more new hunters we have coming up is a big plus ! There are many knowledgeable members here !
    You will find a plethora of information here and if you can’t find what your looking for Just Ask ! But not as many questions as myself LOL !
    Welcome !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Greetings outdoor people.
    After spending a few decades working in 10 provinces and living in 7 different places, we moved to BC this winter. Looking forward to hunting and fishing in the great outdoors with good friends and relatives. Also enjoying the forum.
    Cheers.

Welcome Digger1, Bc is a great place despite all the s#%t going on, but thats everywhere.
    As i have learned, lots of great info here on HBC,
    i wish you the best in your quest.
    Rickady.

Quote Originally Posted by Digger1 View Post
    Greetings outdoor people.
    After spending a few decades working in 10 provinces and living in 7 different places, we moved to BC this winter. Looking forward to hunting and fishing in the great outdoors with good friends and relatives. Also enjoying the forum.
    Cheers.
    Welcome Digger ! Wow 10 provinces ! Why LOL where you at in BC if i may ask ? Cheers RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Welcome Digger ! Wow 10 provinces ! Why LOL where you at in BC if i may ask ? Cheers RJ
    Hi Jim. We’re near Enderby.

Quote Originally Posted by RICKADY View Post
    Welcome Digger1, Bc is a great place despite all the s#%t going on, but thats everywhere.
    As i have learned, lots of great info here on HBC,
    i wish you the best in your quest
    Rickady.
    Thank you. All the best.

Being new to the site, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who shares their knowledge and experience on here. There is clearly a lot to be learned by reading through the various threads. Hopefully I can return the favour one day once I learn enough. I used to hunt/ shoot with my dad when I was a kid, but I am now getting back into the sport. I never lost interest, but fell into the trap of 'maybe next year'. Anyway, I'm determined to make make it happen this year. Some grouse hunting at least, and maybe a deer hunt if I can shoot well enough. I've got lots to learn, but looking forward to getting out in the bush! Cheers
    Tight lines. Tight groups.

Welcome ! Your in a good location to head East ,West ,North,South and plenty of fellas on here from Kamloops
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Stew Pot View Post
    Being new to the site, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who shares their knowledge and experience on here. There is clearly a lot to be learned by reading through the various threads. Hopefully I can return the favour one day once I learn enough. I used to hunt/ shoot with my dad when I was a kid, but I am now getting back into the sport. I never lost interest, but fell into the trap of 'maybe next year'. Anyway, I'm determined to make make it happen this year. Some grouse hunting at least, and maybe a deer hunt if I can shoot well enough. I've got lots to learn, but looking forward to getting out in the bush! Cheers
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !