Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Hunting British Columbia

Re: Welcome to Hunting British Columbia

Welcome to the site, and good luck. Maybe head out and find yourself a spring bear to start the year off right!

Quote Originally Posted by Nocked-Bear View Post
    Hello I'm also new here my name is Scott and dove in head first into archery with my 7 year old son just last year,also a new hunter got my core and PAL just last year still haven't dropped anything yet but I plan to this year.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

nice to have new members ..............this is a good thread to revive...welcome all

Hello Administrators of Hunting BC. I joined in Feb 2014, and have enjoyed the conversations and debates here since then. However, I now find myself in a critical mode. The format that you have chosen needs to be upgraded, and is not conducive to recent developments in the on-line world, and I think (strongly) that it should be upgraded. I do not know much about the mechanics of these things, but here are a few shortcomings:

1. You should be able to respond to a post. Most people here copy and paste the significant portion of the post they want to respond to, and then do so. However, that has to use up all kinds of server memory, and the biggest problem is the original poster (or OP) does not necessarily see the response unless they wade through numerous other off-topic posts that have been posted since their comment.
    2. You should allow upvotes and downvotes for a post. In this way, super BS posters, which the whole community agrees are BS or trolls, can be downvoted into oblivion.
    3. Posting pictures should be way, way, WAY easier. I have posted pics here, and I always have to go back and figure out how to do it each time. And even then, I have to check and see if it worked, or if it just posted a url. It should be as easy as facebook, you would have way more pics that way, and that is what everybody here loves.
    4. Your front page sucks big time!! The stories are crammed up in a column on the left, and your advertisers, who do not change ever it seems, take up the major space. Nobody looks at them after they realize there is no news there. Surely you can do better than that, and still please your advertisers, or maybe please them even more when they are getting more views of their actual products.

I hope this has been beneficial to you - and I hope that someone listens, and maybe can get a thread going here.

I would like to say hello to all forum members, my handle is dasnake, I'm b.c. born, bred and retired, I've been hunting and fishing b.c. since my old man took me outdoors in the mid 50s. I have looked at this site for a few years and thought now was the time to enjoy and learn from others interested in the outdoors.

Welcome dasnake. Where are you living. I too started hunting in the '50s on the coast.
    It's only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize there are other ways to deal with problems than violence.

Hello phreddy, we live in surrey.

Cool. I'm an old S.Surrey/White Rock boy. Used to wander all over S. Surrey with a shotgun hunting pheasants, rabbits, ducks and geese back in the 50s and 60s. Don't think I'd want to do that now. lol
    It's only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize there are other ways to deal with problems than violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Phreddy View Post
    Cool. I'm an old S.Surrey/White Rock boy. Used to wander all over S. Surrey with a shotgun hunting pheasants, rabbits, ducks and geese back in the 50s and 60s. Don't think I'd want to do that now. lol
    It would be something incredible hunt in this years, no? Phreddy. How many different species you would be able to hunt the same day at this days?

I remember well, I was born in bridgeview, it was barren land back then. Whalley was the center and if you wanted to really step out, we'd get in the old mans terraplane and go to new west.

Funny thing is, back in those days if you even saw a goose, let alone shot one it was a very rare experience. Go down every once in a while for a bird hunt with my son and the sky's filled with them more often than not. lol Did you go to Queen E high?