Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: family dog vs hunting dog

Re: family dog vs hunting dog

Don't really like to try to sell dogs here but I don't think you could go wrong with one of the Airedale/Bluetick crosses I think I have on the way.
    A hundred bucks will get you a dog with lots of nose, some voice, half a bucket of brains and enough coat to keep it warm through those cariboo winters. I had this happen before and the pups were dynamite little dogs.

If you know of a nice safe kids horse under $1500 I might even deliver.

I'm going to the dogs.
    Airy Mtn. Airedales

Thems is nice lookin dogs (insert hillbilly voice) The pups should be really nice do you ever have any with short fur or do they all come out wire haired?
    Post some picks of the pups when they come

Should be a nice combination of grit & nose and enough voice for you to find them when they tree . I would like to see them on a bear, they should work real well (:
    Last edited by Barracuda; 12-29-2005 at 03:32 PM.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

Clint that blue tick sure looks nice, show some pics of the pups.

My Airedales have pretty good working coats so these pups won't be hairballs.
    I had posted this picture under Bluedale pups. She is from a different accident (I'm gonna hafta nueter that dog some day ).
    If I wasn't dog poor right now I'd raise one up myself although at this point I'm not even sure it took, I'll know that in a couple weeks.

Here's the parents at work ftp://ftp.timberland2001.ca/pub/outgoing/clint/

Right click and save to disk (beartree.avi) if you have a fast connection, ignore it if you don't.

I'm going to the dogs.
    Airy Mtn. Airedales

Clint

Are those the same two dogs you brought to Rendel creek, 3-4 years ago?.

The Bluetick is, but the Airedale I had there is gone.
    I'm going to the dogs.
    Airy Mtn. Airedales

Barracuda,
    Funny you should mention a blackmouth. I have one (see avatar) and while I have found it to be a great companion (my wife adores him) I haven't had much luck hunting with it. He's put a couple of bears up by himself on very short runs, and has the fight, but I haven't seen him go more than a mile then come back, even when turned out with the hounds. Maybe this would be ideal for some. He's just 2 and hope that he will turn on but don't honestly don't see it. But this is just one dog out of the breed. I'm sure there are ones that are great. They certainly wouldn't be a bad choice at all for the all around dog with some compromises, and be different from the run o the mill lab....

I have a buddy with a redbone and he's a good alround dog.

Here's a pic of my english pointer, she's a great bird dog and loves the family especially the little guy. she's no cat dog but i thought i would show her anyway.

Its nice to see pics and get opinions on everyone's different hunting dogs. The more i'm learning about dogs, the more I realise that I won't get it all in one dog! Now If my fiance would only let me bring home a half-a-dozen different pooches I would be in business!