Thread: PM titled Hello I'm ChrisPark is virus

PM titled Hello I'm ChrisPark is virus

I received a PM titled Hello I'm ChrisPark. It includes a fake image shack link that loads a screen saver in which is embedded a virus. I suspected that this was a fake PM so I opened it in my sandbox VM. My virus scanner picked up the bug and diagnosed it as a nasty trojan. Plaese beware of this PM and delete it immediately.
    Backroad Access Closures - Send an Email NOW!
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=10125

2. Site Sponsor

Re: PM titled Hello I'm ChrisPark is virus

I never open any PM's or emails that I do not know or that don't make sense in the subject line like, "Hello" or "important message" and such nonsense. Sometimes that can backfire. The other day I deleted an email without opening it. It turned out that it was from an editor offering me to write an article. He sent the email from his personal email account (unknown to me) and the subject line said "Hello" so I hit the delete button. He phoned me later up and we straighten it out.

I rather miss a deal then running the risk of a virus. Bottom line. If anybody sends me PM's and emails make sure the purpose of the message is clearly spelled out in the subject line. "Hello", "Hi There", "Deal for you" and "How's it going", "You won", "Important Message" and similar are candidates for the trash bin without been opened.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Re: PM titled Hello I'm ChrisPark is virus

IS the member name Chris Park?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!