Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bowhunting Bias

Re: Bowhunting Bias

very well put. thanks Huntwriter.

Well put Huntwriter.I wanted to try bowhunting next year and i thought this would have been a good place to try and learn a few things but after reading some of the bowhunting post on here lately i think i'll just stick to my rifle.You guys are scaring me.

This is getting old and boring! Hunt the way you want and be dam sure you can hit what you are looking at! Pick a spot!
    If you're going to find tracks you better make tracks!

bsa 30-06 don`t let all this keep you from trying archery its a very rewarding sport. Even if you never hunt with a bow if you use a trigger release it will sure help your rifle shooting. All the archers i have met and shot with are realy good guys . every one at sometime on this dammed puter say things a little stronger than they realy mean.

Quote Originally Posted by bsa30-06
    Well put Huntwriter.I wanted to try bowhunting next year and i thought this would have been a good place to try and learn a few things but after reading some of the bowhunting post on here lately i think i'll just stick to my rifle.You guys are scaring me.
    bsa30-60- please don't let that stop you from taking up the bow. Do what you think and want to do. It really does not matter what you hunt with or how you hunt there always will be people that will criticize you, it seems to have become very fashionable in resent years and not only in hunting. It seems people are more bored nowadays and thus take up bashing as a relief of frustration.

The important thing is to know that you do not have to justify yourself or explain yourself to anyone but yourself. If you can look at yourself in the mirror at the end of the day then that is all that counts and not what other people think or say.

As I said before I am a hunter first and foremost. We only hunt a very short time out of a full year and I never saw any desire to make this time even shorter by limiting myself to one weapon type. I would like to encurage you and others to do the same it ads more time to your season plus is a lot more fun too.
    Last edited by huntwriter; 12-18-2005 at 07:32 PM.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

I first read about the "McAlester Wt Management Deer Hunt" several years back in a bowhunting magazine articale . The hunt and study took place in an old Ammunition storage site in the state of Oklahoma.
    The biologist in charge of the programn decided on only Traditional archery be involved. Basicly he reasoned that a rifle hunt would harvest the required number of deer out in two weeks and Modern bows in several months , Thus his choise for a sustainable hunt and study.
    The study was prlminary a wounding rate investigation and when completed McAlester officials found the Traditional wounding rates were even lower than previous Modern bow seasons .
    No stats were provided with this site at http://www.freehunters.org/article.aspx?id=560
    My sourse for a detailed bowhunting study is away hunting and I will forward its findings in regards to wounding rates and recovery distances between Traditional and Modren bows when available.

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

I have read that report also.

I have also read reports of the number of Grizzly bears in British Columbia. They even caused a shut down of the season for a while.
    Last edited by Walksalot; 12-19-2005 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred
    I have walked the 3D course with Walks and really missed it when I couldn't get out this past season. He does ok on those short easy walks but after a while you can see it getting to him. I would go out with him again anytime if he is willing to put up with me! Fred
    No, thanks for putting up with me I enjoyed your company immensely and we will do it again.

I to have walk a couple courses with walksalot and i hope to again.

I have a desent vehicle under me again and will have to come to a couple of the spring 3d shoots. And this time maybe I will bring the Barnett, or maybe the Mathews! Anyone bristleing yet!! Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati